Horseshoe bay beach shuttle -credit cards

zaylyn2590

17 minutes ago, zaylyn2590 said:

Hi. Is the $7 shuttle cash only or do they take credit cards? 

Pretty much cash only but there are a couple of minibus shuttle  operators (Titan) that take credit cards. 

3 minutes ago, Zellhouse said:

What is the shuttle to Horseshoe beach and how/where do I get it.

They are privately owned minibuses that run back and forth between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay. Ride share, they leave as soon as they fill up.  12 to 30 passengers. They are located in the staging area between the two ship berths. There is signage. $7 per person per ride. 

22 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

They are privately owned minibuses that run back and forth between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay. Ride share, they leave as soon as they fill up.  12 to 30 passengers. They are located in the staging area between the two ship berths. There is signage. $7 per person per ride. 

how did you like horseshoe bay?  we are looking for a beach that has calm waters

1 minute ago, 3red7s said:

how did you like horseshoe bay?  we are looking for a beach that has calm waters

I love Horseshoe Bay but it does not usually have calm waters. Beaches with amenities that are calm are Tobacco Bay,  Clearwater is relatively calm. Beaches without facilities that are calm are Jobsons Cove. Shelly Bay. 

5 hours ago, 3red7s said:

People try to bodysurf at Horseshoe Bay.  Maybe lesser waves if you catch it at low tide, but listen to Charles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 4:53 PM, 3red7s said:

We were there last week and really enjoyed it.  It's the iconic, most well known Bermuda beach.  It's beautiful and my daughter and I really liked the rock formations and the little cave/inlet on the right side.  However, I wouldn't say the waters are calm, especially if you venture further out.  Someone drowned last Wednesday 3/27, so if you're looking for calm, I would avoid.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:59 PM, Zellhouse said:

What is the shuttle to Horseshoe beach and how/where do I get it.

When you are leaving, you can't miss them.  The drivers are constantly hawking at you to get passengers.

We are a family of four and we took a taxi to Warwick Long Bay (just a little further than Horseshoe) and then walked the path to Horseshoe.  Really enjoyable.  If you have four people in your party, I would recommend taking a taxi from Dockyards to Warwick or Horseshoe.  It costs just a little more, but you get your own ride, and best of all, our taxi driver was constantly narrating and pointing out places of interests and giving us facts about the island and answering our questions.  It was informative and well worth it.

18 minutes ago, blackwing said:

We are a family of four and we took a taxi to Warwick Long Bay (just a little further than Horseshoe) and then walked the path to Horseshoe.  Really enjoyable.  If you have four people in your party, I would recommend taking a taxi from Dockyards to Warwick or Horseshoe.  It costs just a little more, but you get your own ride, and best of all, our taxi driver was constantly narrating and pointing out places of interests and giving us facts about the island and answering our questions.  It was informative and well worth it.

I personally prefer the taxis even with added expense even for less than four because the minibuses are shares loaded with 18 to 35 people. They fill every seat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I personally prefer the taxis even with added expense even for less than four because the minibuses are shares loaded with 18 to 35 people. They fill every seat. 

Approximately how much is a taxi to Horseshoe?  I’ve been there several times and always used the mini busses.  This time we have three couples.  Wondering if it would be cost effective to just get private transport.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Russiamomm said:

Approximately how much is a taxi to Horseshoe?  I’ve been there several times and always used the mini busses.  This time we have three couples.  Wondering if it would be cost effective to just get private transport.

Taxis can take up to 7 so if you have 6 people it will be approximately $49 overall (5-7 passenger rate) plus tip. I have accounted for a 15% rate increase that went into effect this month (April 2024). There is an additional surcharge for Sundays and Holidays. 

Edited by Charles4515

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Taxis can take up to 7 so if you have 6 people it will be approximately $49 overall (5-7 passenger rate) plus tip. I have accounted for a 15% rate increase that went into effect this month (April 2024). There is an additional surcharge for Sundays and Holidays. 

Thank you.  We will consider it.

On 3/25/2024 at 7:09 PM, Charles4515 said:

Are the minibuses available early in the morning?  We dock at 8am.  Thanks!!

17 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are the minibuses available early in the morning?  We dock at 8am.  Thanks!!

Yes. They will be available when the ship clears. I have taken them at 8:30. They were there before that. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LImom said:

@Charles4515 Since you are so knowledgeable about the cost of transportation in Bermuda, I was hoping you might know what the appoximate taxt fare is to the Port Royale golf club? 

They just raised the fares 15% on April 1 so adding that I would estimate for 1-4 passengers overall on a weekday it would be $29 plus tip. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1