Faroe Islands Help...please

I did post this on the British Isles/Western Europe board also; but, thought some here might have relevant experience.

We're scheduled to stop at Torshavn (Faroe Islands) on 21 August 2024.  My question is: 

Based upon your experience or knowledge, what's the likelihood of a small (Oceania's Sirena, 20,000 tons and 680 pax) hip missing the port due to weather, seas, etc.?

I'm looking into excursions and some DIY do not offer refunds if ship misses port.

Any help or insights offered will be greatly appreciated.

Greg

2 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

I did post this on the British Isles/Western Europe board also; but, thought some here might have relevant experience.

We're scheduled to stop at Torshavn (Faroe Islands) on 21 August 2024.  My question is: 

Based upon your experience or knowledge, what's the likelihood of a small (Oceania's Sirena, 20,000 tons and 680 pax) hip missing the port due to weather, seas, etc.?

I'm looking into excursions and some DIY do not offer refunds if ship misses port.

Any help or insights offered will be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Not a helpful answer: you can never predict. I have been a three trips where the Faroe Islands were listed as a stop; only one made it and on that one we had to miss the Shetlands, the Orkneys and one Greenland stop due to bad weather and/ or heavy seas. It is not the answer you wanted, but an honest one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the windiest places in the world.  155mph gusts just this year.

Low pressure systems aren't generally as prevalent in summer as winter, but they can and do happen.  We had a grey, overcast and cool day for our visit, but its a fascinating place.

• Thanks 1

Answered on your other thread.  But as people say, it’s chancy so you’ll want an excursion that’s refundable or missed port insurance.

• Thanks 1