ICON recent cruisers

For those of you that have recently been on ICON and did the self assist walk off with the ship arriving at 6:00am into POM what time were you actually able to walk off? 

Thanks so much for your help.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When we were on Icon last month self assist started at 7:40 AM. 

Thanks...was that with a ship arrival at 6:00am?

Was this the earliest or could you have walked off earlier?

Edited by Ashland

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...was that with a ship arrival at 6:00am?

Was this the earliest or could you have walked off earlier?

That was the earliest you could walk off the ship. I don’t know what time we got back to Miami, but when I walked around the ship at 5:45 AM we were already docked. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That was the earliest you could walk off the ship. I don’t know what time we got back to Miami, but when I walked around the ship at 5:45 AM we were already docked. 

It has to clear customs get the walk ways in place first. You can't just walk off as soon as the lines are thrown.

44 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

It has to clear customs get the walk ways in place first. You can't just walk off as soon as the lines are thrown.

Thanks...but I'm pretty sure we all know that.

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Icon was back in Miami at 3-3:30AM. The issue is that it has to get all the luggage, clear all customs. We got off at 7:30-7:45. 

• Thanks 1

Just got off the Icon yesterday. Ate B'fast at the Windjammer at 7am, walked off the boat at 730a, I was in my car by 745a. Extremely easy embarking and disembarking process. 

• Thanks 1

Last Saturday we docked before 4:00AM. Breakfast at the Windjammer, back to the room, used the eye scan feature in the terminal and in the Uber by 8:15.

They get it done!

• Thanks 1

actually the captain made a announcement that we were speeding to miami to beat a storm.

we docked about midnight and people were walking off at 6;20

easiest debarkation ever,

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 2:08 PM, Ashland said:

For those of you that have recently been on ICON and did the self assist walk off with the ship arriving at 6:00am into POM what time were you actually able to walk off? 

Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks for asking. American Airlines has changed our flights 3x now and now has us on a 10:03 flight (originally 1:40 pm).  If we don't make the 10:03 my two friends miss their connection (I booked separately and don't have a connection) so they can't switch to a later flight and when I called AA about it, they said my friends weren't allowed to switch their flights as they booked a "basic" fare and no changes were allowed.  Well no s^&*  - but YOU keep canceling flights and moving up them to an earlier time. SMH  Hoping it won't be a problem but I'm not gonna stress about it either. 🙂

23 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Thanks for asking. American Airlines has changed our flights 3x now and now has us on a 10:03 flight (originally 1:40 pm).  If we don't make the 10:03 my two friends miss their connection (I booked separately and don't have a connection) so they can't switch to a later flight and when I called AA about it, they said my friends weren't allowed to switch their flights as they booked a "basic" fare and no changes were allowed.  Well no s^&*  - but YOU keep canceling flights and moving up them to an earlier time. SMH  Hoping it won't be a problem but I'm not gonna stress about it either. 🙂

So sorry this is happening. I've found DL a little easier to work with when this happens.

I would just do walk off self assist. Best of luck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So sorry this is happening. I've found DL a little easier to work with when this happens.

I would just do walk off self assist. Best of luck.

That is our plan. I prefer to walk off anyway - by that point I'm ready to get off and be ahead of the crowds. But it seems more and more people are doing that as well.  Think it's easier to just take a taxi to the airport (MIA) than trying to arrange a service and not knowing when the ship will get clearance, etc.?