Is There An Allure (Or General) Royal Genie Email or Phone Number?

Good morning - 

So excited to be boarding the Allure for the April 19 sailing out of Port Canaveral. First time in Star Class and booked the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite for our son's 15th birthday. We completed the questionnaire sent out last month by the Genie (quite interesting, I must say) but had a two specific borthday requests we want to confirm prior to boarding the ship that we asked for in the questionnaire. 

Is there an email / phone number to reach out to the Allure Genies? I tried the regular guest email and received a "general" reply about the Genies contacting me via email 30 days out from the sailing - no info about a specific email address. It's past 30 days, so that's a bust. The regular guest relations email and phone number have also given the same "30 days email" reply and no Genie email information. We don't have high status on Royal so the Crown and Anchor line has not been helpful either. 

It's a bit frustrating, actually - in comparison NCL and MSC both have dedicated pre-concierge emails / contact numbers for their suite guests. Not complaining, just contrasting. Any help would be appreciated. 

Posted (edited)

I can't help you on an e-mail....hopefully someone else will. But with over 50 Royal sailings under my belt lower your expectations a bit on suite class with Royal. Royal honestly doesn't do suite class well compared to other lines. It's really just the bigger cabin you are paying for with ROYAL.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in a 2-bedroom Aqua suite last year on Allure. First time in Star class as well. I had the same concern as our Genie didn't email us until about two weeks out, don't worry. Jay didn't miss anything. I know they are very busy but will make your voyage amazing.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Royal honestly doesn't do suite class well compared to other lines. It's really just the bigger cabin you are paying for with ROYAL

They do it very well for it being a mass market line.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, klakrad said:

We were in a 2-bedroom Aqua suite last year on Allure. First time in Star class as well. I had the same concern as our Genie didn't email us until about two weeks out, don't worry. Jay didn't miss anything. I know they are very busy but will make your voyage amazing.

Same! 2BR Aqua on Allure last September. First Star class. And also had Jay! Jay was awesome!

But yes, as others said, just be patient. 2 weeks out. Hope you get Jay!

• Thanks 1

@amygutman don’t put much faith into the star class questionnaire.  It might have been used at one time but it seems that is not an item the genies really are paying much attention to these days.  If you are within 30 days expect to get an email directly from the genie in the next week or so.  That is where you will want to communicate your requests.  They are good about coordinating with you once they start with the emails.  

Expect that you will be using WhatsApp while on the ship, so if you do not have an account for everyone in the party you might want to add that to your phones.  The genie will setup a group chat in WhatsApp for the party a day or so ahead of the cruise.  They will still meet you each day but that seems to be the more common communication method on all of our post COVID star class cruises.

Have fun and enjoy the cruise.  If you are familiar with Royal, star class can be a nice experience.  Don’t worry about the post stating the suites on Royal is not up to par.  We have sailed on other lines in suites also and there are positive and negative to everyone.  While we did enjoy the areas of the MSC yacht club, especially the sun deck/pool area, service levels on other lines including MSC, really aren’t that different from star class.  NOT saying that Royal couldn’t do better, just that the difference between them is not large.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bajathree said:

Have you sailed other lines in suite class?

Tell us you have never sailed Star Class without telling us.

And to answer your question. Yes. We have never found any of the butlers on any of the other lines give the same kind of service as the genies.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cured said:

And to answer your question. Yes. We have never found any of the butlers on any of the other lines give the same kind of service as the genies.

I have sailed in just about every category cabin...including Aquatheater suites.

• Thanks 1

Since Allure is sailing 3/4 night itineraries, contact with the Genie is pushed a little closer to sail date since there are more sailings. We recently sailed in Star Class on Allure. Our sail date was Friday, February 23, and I first received an email from our Genie (Tao Yin, amazing!) on Monday, February 12. I responded with my special celebration requests, and within a day, I received a personalized itinerary.

I'm very Type A, so I understand the frustration of having to wait so close to sail date for confirmation from your Genie, but rest assured, once you're on the ship, you'll be in great hands!

If you're looking for a little Star Class inspiration to hold you over until your sailing, I wrote a Live Review of our cruise in the Royal Loft Suite on Allure of the Seas - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the 3/4 night sailings the genies have double the communication work load.  Normal 7 day sailings it is about a month out, but with the new 3/4 sailings it may be less than that.  You can reach out via facebook or twitter .  they are normally very responsive.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:38 AM, amygutman said:

Good morning - 

So excited to be boarding the Allure for the April 19 sailing out of Port Canaveral. First time in Star Class and booked the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite for our son's 15th birthday. We completed the questionnaire sent out last month by the Genie (quite interesting, I must say) but had a two specific borthday requests we want to confirm prior to boarding the ship that we asked for in the questionnaire. 

Is there an email / phone number to reach out to the Allure Genies? I tried the regular guest email and received a "general" reply about the Genies contacting me via email 30 days out from the sailing - no info about a specific email address. It's past 30 days, so that's a bust. The regular guest relations email and phone number have also given the same "30 days email" reply and no Genie email information. We don't have high status on Royal so the Crown and Anchor line has not been helpful either. 

It's a bit frustrating, actually - in comparison NCL and MSC both have dedicated pre-concierge emails / contact numbers for their suite guests. Not complaining, just contrasting. Any help would be appreciated. 

@bajathree @irishgal432 @LittleMissMagic @cured @wdwkings @RobInMN @smokeybandit and @klakrad My humblest thanks and deep apologies for the late replies. 

Night shift worker that got slaughtered in the days since I posted (can you see why I am really, really looking forward to this vacation!!!). 

As always, this amazing cruise critic community has been super helpful and I and so grateful. Out butler Mr Chinegadoo actually reached out via email today regarding specific birthday wishes for our son. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and all of the wonderful suggestions. I hope some days to offer assistance should you ever have a question I can help with!

Warmest Amy

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 2:55 PM, LittleMissMagic said:

Since Allure is sailing 3/4 night itineraries, contact with the Genie is pushed a little closer to sail date since there are more sailings. We recently sailed in Star Class on Allure. Our sail date was Friday, February 23, and I first received an email from our Genie (Tao Yin, amazing!) on Monday, February 12. I responded with my special celebration requests, and within a day, I received a personalized itinerary.

I'm very Type A, so I understand the frustration of having to wait so close to sail date for confirmation from your Genie, but rest assured, once you're on the ship, you'll be in great hands!

If you're looking for a little Star Class inspiration to hold you over until your sailing, I wrote a Live Review of our cruise in the Royal Loft Suite on Allure of the Seas - 

Thank you @LittleMissMagic- this was such a lovely review!!!!

On 3/23/2024 at 7:08 AM, bajathree said:

I can't help you on an e-mail....hopefully someone else will. But with over 50 Royal sailings under my belt lower your expectations a bit on suite class with Royal. Royal honestly doesn't do suite class well compared to other lines. It's really just the bigger cabin you are paying for with ROYAL.

@bajathree FIFTY SAILINGS!!! That's amazing. Watched Gary Bainbridge's comparison of the "ship within a ship" concepts on my night off work tonight, and I think he has the same thoughts as you do. 

But, it seems like Royal is less focused on the "suite neighborhood" than the entire Star Class experience. Just my initial thoughts based upon CC reviews and youtube videos. Cannot wait to experience it ourselves though!

Warmest Amy

On 3/23/2024 at 7:46 AM, klakrad said:

@klakrad thank you. I know the butlers run crazy on MSC and NCL, and it seems even more so on Royal as the suites seem very spaced out. 

Did you love watching the aqua show from the balcony? It looks like an incredible experience. 

Warmest Amy

On 3/23/2024 at 9:00 AM, wdwkings said:

@amygutman don’t put much faith into the star class questionnaire.  It might have been used at one time but it seems that is not an item the genies really are paying much attention to these days.  If you are within 30 days expect to get an email directly from the genie in the next week or so.  That is where you will want to communicate your requests.  They are good about coordinating with you once they start with the emails.  

Expect that you will be using WhatsApp while on the ship, so if you do not have an account for everyone in the party you might want to add that to your phones.  The genie will setup a group chat in WhatsApp for the party a day or so ahead of the cruise.  They will still meet you each day but that seems to be the more common communication method on all of our post COVID star class cruises.

Have fun and enjoy the cruise.  If you are familiar with Royal, star class can be a nice experience.  Don’t worry about the post stating the suites on Royal is not up to par.  We have sailed on other lines in suites also and there are positive and negative to everyone.  While we did enjoy the areas of the MSC yacht club, especially the sun deck/pool area, service levels on other lines including MSC, really aren’t that different from star class.  NOT saying that Royal couldn’t do better, just that the difference between them is not large.  

@wdwkings thank you for the kind words. Cruising is so personal - likes, dislikes, and opinions are varied and actually really interesting. Ultimately, it's an expensive product that we do have high hopes for not so much as an alternative to NCL / MSC or other "suite-focused" ships, but because it's really the first cruise my son has specifically chosen for something HE wants to do / see vs something his boring parents have planned. 

I am always excited to sail, especially on a ship new to us - our only other Royal ship was the Anthem and I worked on the Empress for a contract ... oh, she was a lovely old lady. A true ocean liner who I was so sad to see decommissioned. But that was a job (certainly no butler there in my 90 sq foot room), and this is for fun so I am cannot wait for April 19th!

Warmest Amy

On 3/23/2024 at 10:22 AM, cured said:

@cured Wow...that's high praise!

I am so excited to hear you had a great experience. 

warmest Amy

On 3/23/2024 at 3:23 PM, irishgal432 said:

With the 3/4 night sailings the genies have double the communication work load.  Normal 7 day sailings it is about a month out, but with the new 3/4 sailings it may be less than that.  You can reach out via facebook or twitter .  they are normally very responsive.

@irishgal432 Makes a lot of sense. Actually, I think it's crazy that the Wonder and the Allure and so many other of the very large (>5000 passenger) ships have such short itineraries. Talk about crew exhaustion. Embarkation day is just crazy for them and cannot imagine doing it twice weekly. 

Definitely my stress about the "perfect birthday" for kiddo is a first world problem, so thank you for putting my anxiety into perspective. It's going to be  a lovely cruise!

Warmest amy

3 hours ago, amygutman said:

Did you love watching the aqua show from the balcony? It looks like an incredible experience. 

We originally told our Genie that we wanted to watch the show from our balcony one night and seats another night. After watching from the balcony, we told him not to bother with seats on a later show. He brought us drinks and popcorn both nights. 🙂 

Here was out view from Deck 9 (9330)

image.thumb.png.e3d503cde3ae7451057fb044cb3cdec0.png

image.thumb.png.05d6d14ee38d104ebd24744d4caace84.png

image.thumb.png.1bdcc104d6e7ff73a7f3f2778613d326.png

image.thumb.png.658ca03e33a48202a5cf301798485977.png

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:32 AM, RobInMN said:

We originally told our Genie that we wanted to watch the show from our balcony one night and seats another night. After watching from the balcony, we told him not to bother with seats on a later show. He brought us drinks and popcorn both nights. 🙂 

Here was out view from Deck 9 (9330)

image.thumb.png.e3d503cde3ae7451057fb044cb3cdec0.png

image.thumb.png.05d6d14ee38d104ebd24744d4caace84.png

image.thumb.png.1bdcc104d6e7ff73a7f3f2778613d326.png

image.thumb.png.658ca03e33a48202a5cf301798485977.png

OH MY G-D!!! This is EXACTLY what we were hoping for. 

Kiddo is going to be so happy (as are we). 

Cannot thank you enough for the photos @RobInMN!

Warmest Amy

We started sailing in Star Class because the cabins we stayed in were turned into Star Class Cabins.

We have done 11 Star Class cruises so far and have only had 1 Genie that was not good.  I’m being kind when I say that and it was in 2017.  It wasn’t even a full year into the program and since then they all have be amazing.  Turns out it was her last cruise before her break and she wasn’t renewed.  They all have different personalities and great in their own ways. 

Our most favourite surprise moment happened a couple weeks ago.  It has never happened before and probably never again.  Our Genie surprised us with an in cabin concert performance.  We walked into our cabin and he was there with Stephen the singer from the pub.  We had seen him numerous times in the pub, but never expected to see him in our cabin. 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 7:59 AM, A&L_Ont said:

We started sailing in Star Class because the cabins we stayed in were turned into Star Class Cabins.

We have done 11 Star Class cruises so far and have only had 1 Genie that was not good.  I’m being kind when I say that and it was in 2017.  It wasn’t even a full year into the program and since then they all have be amazing.  Turns out it was her last cruise before her break and she wasn’t renewed.  They all have different personalities and great in their own ways. 

Our most favourite surprise moment happened a couple weeks ago.  It has never happened before and probably never again.  Our Genie surprised us with an in cabin concert performance.  We walked into our cabin and he was there with Stephen the singer from the pub.  We had seen him numerous times in the pub, but never expected to see him in our cabin. 

@A&L_Ont ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 

This is the coolest thing - a private concert? Holy moley. I would be in heaven. I asked our Genie if he could possible arrange a dance / singing lesson for our son's birthday. He loves performing but is super socially shy and hoping to get him to at least try sharing interest. If our Genie comes through like yours did, I think I would just start crying mom tears. 

Thank you so much for sharing!

Warmest Amy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, amygutman said:

@A&L_Ont ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 

This is the coolest thing - a private concert? Holy moley. I would be in heaven. I asked our Genie if he could possible arrange a dance / singing lesson for our son's birthday. He loves performing but is super socially shy and hoping to get him to at least try sharing interest. If our Genie comes through like yours did, I think I would just start crying mom tears. 

Thank you so much for sharing!

Warmest Amy

I hope it happens for you and your son.  We never asked and it happened, so hopefully your request can come true. ❤️

• Like 1