New to Oceania-please explain simply more offer with airfare vs. fare without airfare

yogagal47

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

If you did that, you booked under the old OLife plan, which is no longer available for new bookings.

Yes, OLife was in effect at the time of booking.  I wasn't aware that the perks could no longer be stripped from the booking.

I wonder if they'll still give me perks under the new program?  Somehow, I doubt it.

Edited by Stockjock

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Yes, OLife was in effect at the time of booking.  I wasn't aware that the perks could no longer be stripped from the booking.

I wonder if they'll still give me perks under the new program?  Somehow, I doubt it.

The only "new" perks you will now receive staying with the OLife booking is 2 WIFI accounts per cabin.  You would need to switch your booking to SM and pay the difference (what varies greatly) to receive the SM perks.  For new bookings, the only item that can be "stripped" from the booking is "air"

Edited by basor
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, HSBC said:

Does Oceania cruise always Refundable prior to final payment date?

How much is deviation fee?

Thanks!

I’m not sure I understand the question. 

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, HSBC said:

Does Oceania cruise always Refundable prior to final payment date?

How much is deviation fee?

Thanks!

There is a non-refundable administrative fee that is included in your deposit On our recent booking, it is $150 pp.  Then 30 days prior to final payment there is a cancellation fee, which on our recent booking is $500 pp.

If you're asking about flight deviation fees, I haven't used O-air, so I don't know the amount.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

I’m not sure I understand the question. 

ORV,

For other cruise lines (i.e. Celebrity, princess), they have refundable deposit and non-refundable deposit.  Does Oceania have refundable and non-refundable deposit?

How much is flight deviation fee per direction per person?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, HSBC said:

ORV,

For other cruise lines (i.e. Celebrity, princess), they have refundable deposit and non-refundable deposit.  Does Oceania have refundable and non-refundable deposit?

How much is flight deviation fee per direction per person?

Thanks!

They don’t have both options. Deviation is $199 per person. Covers both directions I think but is the same if you are only using it on one direction. 

• Thanks 1

I find that if you know your dates early enough and shop around you can get nice pricing direct from the airline.  We prefer to book ourself, that way we get the flights we want, the cabin and seats we want, the airline you want and most important them amount of connection time we need at a connecting airport.  We always arrive a few days early to rest up to enjoy the cruise from day one.

Edited by ronrick1943
  • Like 2