Price of WiFi

Posted (edited)

Hi everybody.

I'm toying around with the idea of booking a solo sailing on Emerald this May 20th. When going thru the booking process, P.com is not offering me the Plus or Premium packages which would cover my wifi. 

Can any of you tell me the ala carte price for one device? The website says starting at $24.99. If that's per day, then obviously that's a no. RCCL was outrageous for the per day cost of wifi so, nothing will surprise me. 

Thanks anyone in advance for your insights. 

Rob. 

Edited by Worn out mailman

3 hours ago, Worn out mailman said:

Hi everybody.

I'm toying around with the idea of booking a solo sailing on Emerald this May 20th. When going thru the booking process, P.com is not offering me the Plus or Premium packages which would cover my wifi. 

Can any of you tell me the ala carte price for one device? The website says starting at $24.99. If that's per day, then obviously that's a no. RCCL was outrageous for the per day cost of wifi so, nothing will surprise me. 

Rob. 

First, you should be able to add plus or premium now. If for any reason you can't do that, you add plus or premium when you board. Second, just know that the $24.99 is correct but it is for one device AT A TIME, not just for one device. Last cruise, we used that option and switched on and off which device between my phone, my husband's phone, and my husband's iPad. It worked easily and with no problem. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Worn out mailman said:

When going thru the booking process, P.com is not offering me the Plus or Premium packages which would cover my wifi. 

Something doesn't sound right there...you should *always* be able to book Plus or Premier when booking.  Unless the infamous Princess IT has dropped the ball again...those upgrade screens are totally "in your face".

Something_wrong_here.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

Posted (edited)

@Worn out mailman yes Internet only is $24.99 per day, per voyage ,per person for 1 device at a time.

unless you are platinum or elite which I don’t think you are or you would know about it and it’s 50% off of that price.

As others have said, wait to get onboard to add perhaps the plus package $60.00/ person per day. if that fits your budget.

Edited by arizonaperson

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Something doesn't sound right there...you should *always* be able to book Plus or Premier when booking.  Unless the infamous Princess IT has dropped the ball again...those upgrade screens are totally "in your face".

Something_wrong_here.jpg

Yup. I assumed that an IT glitch had struck because otherwise the site and app push those options and he would have had no trouble at all.

On 3/27/2024 at 12:59 PM, Worn out mailman said:

Hi everybody.

Rob. 

Use the chat feature on P.com or call--they can add it for you.

With daily grats at $18 & wifi $25, P. Plus is pretty much a no brainer even if one doesn't drink much.

26 minutes ago, KKB said:

Use the chat feature on P.com or call--they can add it for you.

With daily grats at $18 & wifi $25, P. Plus is pretty much a no brainer even if one doesn't drink much.

Since my post, the offerings came back. The upgrades are certainly tempting. I wish Emerald had a pizza/pasta casual dining place like the newest ships. I also wish they'd throw in one more night of casual dining for a 10 nighter compared to a 7 nighter. 

Still, one or maybe two drinks a day plus enjoying speciality coffee drinks, water for the islands and free delivery service.....those incidentals pile up. 

I need to get a girlfriend so I don't have to keep doing these cruises solo. 

Thanks for your input. 😊

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Worn out mailman said:

Since my post, the offerings came back. The upgrades are certainly tempting. I wish Emerald had a pizza/pasta casual dining place like the newest ships. I also wish they'd throw in one more night of casual dining for a 10 nighter compared to a 7 nighter. 

Still, one or maybe two drinks a day plus enjoying speciality coffee drinks, water for the islands and free delivery service.....those incidentals pile up. 

I need to get a girlfriend so I don't have to keep doing these cruises solo. 

Thanks for your input. 😊

$60-$18 tips-$25 Wfit=$17/day for drinks (I consider free delivery/casual dining extra perk).

Heck that's 2 alcoholic drinks...not to mention specialty coffees, sodas, water.

Best deal at sea, imo.

Edited by KKB

You most definitely can book the plus or premier fare as a solo. I have done it on a cruise which I just disembarked and for a bunch of future cruises. On the internet version the selection is right there as you go through the process. I don't know where to find it on the app version. A T.A. can also book these fares. You can also book the standard fare and upgrade to the plus or premium fare on boarding day. Staff are all around the ship selling upgrades.

I believe the stand alone internet package is $25/day if you purchase all days in the cruise. There is a 50% discount for platinum and elite loyalty members. A single day is $30.