Anyone been to Nachi Cocom in 2024?

ruby_pdx

Hello, my daughter and I will be on the Jubilee this summer.  We went to Nachi Cocom about 10 years ago and loved it but I am nervous about some of the recent reviews.  Has anyone been there recently?  Was the food, drinks, and service okay?  Was there plenty of seating in the shade?  Thanks for any feedback you may have.

Not 2024 but I was there in late October, 2023.

Positives: It was very peaceful with plenty of shade (we got there pretty early and pretty much had our choice of palapas). Service wasn't perfect but it was fine.

Negatives: Frozen drinks were terrible. Icy and lacking in flavor. I switched to margaritas which were weak but otherwise fine. Food was edible but underwhelming.

Giving Paradise Beach a try this summer.

We will be at Nachi again in May.  We have been going since 2009 and my wife and I had our first date there so it's special to us.  The food and drinks have always been outstanding but I have been reading many negative reviews as of late so it's sad to read them.  They always had great reviews so it looks like it might be going downhill.  We will find out in May and I am going to feature them with my travel agency -- bad or good - I will be honest with my review.

We also have been to Nachi 4 times and enjoyed it very much.  Considering Paradise Beach this time to try something different, although there will be 7, yes seven ships in Cozumel that day and we are second to last getting there.  Not sure now...

5 minutes ago, Djford75 said:

We also have been to Nachi 4 times and enjoyed it very much.  Considering Paradise Beach this time to try something different, although there will be 7, yes seven ships in Cozumel that day and we are second to last getting there.  Not sure now...

It will be very different.  Just depends what you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in October. It’s lost a step since before Covid, but it’s still a great day. I’ve been to Nachi, Paradise Beach and Mr Sanchos. I prefer them in that order.

I agree the frozen drinks are much weaker, but if you ask them to put in an extra shot I am sure they would. 

Thanks for all of the feedback.  For those of you going in April and May, I am interested in hearing your thoughts.  I've seen the negative reviews, and they describe a much different experience from the Nachi that I knew and loved.

• Like 1

We have been there in 2017, 2019, and just went in late March 2024. It was no different than we remembered - quiet, uncrowded, and great service (maybe we aren't picky, though?), which are our primary reasons for going. The food was the same as we remember and very good. Drinks may have been weaker and aren't high quality, but since they are included you can just drink more of them and stay hydrated!

I was just there a couple weeks ago and wasn't impressed. My least favorite excursion/destination of my whole cruise.  The staff was nice and they brought food and drinks to the beach chair/umbrella. The food was decent, but I just wasn't impressed with everything else. We left after only a few hours.

One issue, the ocean was covered on the bottom with seaweed, except for a little area along the edge. Down the beach it was cleaner. I know that wasn't a result of Nachi Cocum at all and they had no control of it, nature happens and nobody can control nature. The pool was ok.

The positive, I felt safe, as there was security at the entrance (gated with a staff member). It was quiet and not crowded either, which is a plus. The taxi going there was $5 more then the return taxi. I think $25 going there and $20 returning.

Edited by genealogyfan

36 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

I was just there a couple weeks ago and wasn't impressed. My least favorite excursion/destination of my whole cruise.  The staff was nice and they brought food and drinks to the beach chair/umbrella. The food was decent, but I just wasn't impressed with everything else. We left after only a few hours.

One issue, the ocean was covered on the bottom with seaweed, except for a little area along the edge. Down the beach it was cleaner. I know that wasn't a result of Nachi Cocum at all and they had no control of it, nature happens and nobody can control nature. The pool was ok.

The positive, I felt safe, as there was security at the entrance (gated with a staff member). It was quiet and not crowded either, which is a plus. The taxi going there was $5 more than the return taxi. I think $25 going there and $20 returning.

I am not sure from your report, apart from seaweed, what it was you weren’t impressed with if it was safe, quiet and food OK? Was it the pool and facilities?

Certainly sounds like you were overcharged by taxi but that wasn’t Nachi’s fault. Which pier were you at and what was posted on the board at the port?

Sargassum on that coast is unusual but I know there were reports of storms recently. 

56 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I am not sure from your report, apart from seaweed, what it was you weren’t impressed with if it was safe, quiet and food OK? Was it the pool and facilities?

Certainly sounds like you were overcharged by taxi but that wasn’t Nachi’s fault. Which pier were you at and what was posted on the board at the port?

Sargassum on that coast is unusual but I know there were reports of storms recently. 

The overall facility, seemed just run down. The food was ok. Just not overall impressed with the whole facility that's all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were there today and had a great time; the staff was friendly, the food was good, frozen drinks weren't that great, but the bartender was awesome and was very unhappy. I wasn't drinking, lol, and I found something I would drink and kept the drinks coming. 

The massages were intense, and very good, David who I believe is over the massages and Snorkeling was kind of a jerk after I told him we weren't going to go snorkeling after our massages, had an attitude, oh well, can't win them all and I wasn't going to allow him to ruin my experience because after we dealt with him for the massages we never dealt with him again. 

The young lady taking pictures was full of energy and very kind, yes, we did buy a picture from her as we bought one 10 years ago there. 

There was some seaweed on the beach; they cleaned it up, not sure how they could control seaweed in the water. 

The beach is a beach, have I been on better beaches? Yep, but Mexico isn't known for beaches like Trunk Bay in St John or Siesta Key.   The water was crystal clear, 

We were the first ones there at 8:45 am and left at 4 pm - 

We are going back to Cozumel in Oct and booked again. 

It's 69 dollars a person, and you get a pool, beach, food, all-you-can-drink, and good service; I am not sure what people are expecting; is it a 5-star resort? Nope, but it's well-kept; I love all the Coconut Palm Trees.  

I think some people (I have read some reviews on TripAdvisor) have these crazy expectations; once again, it's $69 a person.  

For example, we did the Coco Beach Club; it was 269 dollars for two people (and that is a good price)  Was it nicer? Sure, but I am not sure it was worth $140 dollars more.  

Also like, there are only 130 people max, it never felt crowded, and there are hardly any kids; it is not a place I would take kids, in my opinion.  

I know people are complaining about the taxis - Mr. Sanchos, Paradise, etc. are all going to be 15 to 20 dollars for up to 4 people each way.  

You might want to check with your Facebook group if you only have two people if you want to share a cab with someone to bring the price down.

You do get an app, a salad (if you want), a main and a dessert.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, flvol77 said:

The young lady taking pictures was full of energy and very kind

The one with calves of steel from constantly running up and down the beach? I remember wondering how she must be in crazy good shape from that, lol.

As someone who gave a somewhat negative (but I feel fair) review, my experience wasn't too different from yours and I think my expectations were reasonable.

The frozen drinks were terrible (I switched to margaritas, like you switched, and it was fine, but I don't think expecting remotely decent frozen drinks is asking too much).

I wasn't impressed with the food and I like to eat so I was likely better off trying Paradise Beach like I am this summer but when I went to Nachi it was a last minute itinerary change and I had 2 days to book something, I had always heard great things about Nachi so quickly chose it. The quantity is on me, not them, I knew I was getting a 4-course menu. The quality, which is of course subjective, is on them. It was fine but not great, IMO (again, this is subjective).

The peacefulness aspect lived up to 100% of the hype. Could not have been a more relaxing atmosphere.

$69 isn't cheap for a Mexican Beach club, it's just reasonable for the market. Paradise Beach was $67 when I booked (think it's $68 now) and you trade off the peace and quiet for unlimited food with more options and what appears to be more drink options. I don't think the CocoCay Beach Club is an apples to apples comparison. I just mention this b/c I don't think the price should excuse any lack in quality of food or drink. I wasn't looking for top shelf mixed drinks or 5-star cuisine. I went to a small AI beach club in Costa Maya years ago that didn't look very nice and the food was amazing!

13 hours ago, flvol77 said:

You might want to check with your Facebook group if you only have two people if you want to share a cab with someone to bring the price down.

We did this on the way there but went back on our own as our new friends wanted to stay longer than we did. I agree there's no point in complaining about the cab fares... they are what they are and don't reflect on Nachi.