Thank goodness no duck sighting

hutch1994

15 hours ago, Frenchberet said:

Never heard of the duck thing, had to look it up.  No sightings in our recent cruise on Saturn but there was a woman who kept taking photos with her stuffed Pikachu doll…

Okay, you can all laugh at this, but I would do something similar. Not because I'm obsessed with some toy but for a learning experience for my grandson, who already has a number of custom-made photo albums from our trips (sans toy).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Using plastic ducks is probably a poor choice on an ocean voyage given the history behind it. It’s bad optics.

'Moby-Duck': When 28,800 Bath Toys Are Lost At Sea

https://www.npr.org/2011/03/29/134923863/moby-duck-when-28-800-bath-toys-are-lost-at-sea#:~:text='Moby-Duck'%3A When 28%2C800,Are Lost At Sea %3A NPR&text=Fresh Air-,'Moby-Duck'%3A When 28%2C800 Bath Toys Are Lost At,28%2C800 toys into the ocean.

Weather balloons are fine.  As mentioned, they are biodegradable.  And in fact, Moby Duck turned out to be a useful (but hopefully never repeated) scientific experiment.  But many people will bring a few ducks to hide on Walmart of the Seas.  If 10% of people do this on a 5000 passenger ship, that’s a thousand or more ducks every week!  I think many of those ducks, either deliberately or accidentally, get released to find a new home in the sea.

As for decorated doors, who cares as long as they’re not damaging or defacing the doors and they keep their political and religious beliefs to themselves? 

Edited by wolfie11
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Bring out the popcorn!  Looks like we've stumbled on a topic that people feel real strongly about at both directions - sort of like the elections.

Now, if the ducks start wearing baseball caps … 🍿

Edited by Twitchly
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

Now, if the ducks start wearing baseball caps … 🍿

....   and tattered jeans . . . .   and put their webbed feet on the eating tables and other furniture 🙂

• Haha 4