Helicopter Tour Recommendations in Kauai

mdj59

This question was asked in the Hawaii Ports of Call board, but didn’t receive much traction. I’m hoping that some of our Princess friends might have some insights and recommendations to share. Mahalo!

5 minutes ago, mdj59 said:

This question was asked in the Hawaii Ports of Call board, but didn’t receive much traction. I’m hoping that some of our Princess friends might have some insights and recommendations to share. Mahalo!

I would strongly recommend a fixed-wing flight, they are much less expensive than helicopter flights.

https://www.wingsoverkauai.com/

Wings Over Kauai Air Tours is located at Lihue Airport. Easy to get there from the ship.

2 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

I would strongly recommend a fixed-wing flight, they are much less expensive than helicopter flights.

https://www.wingsoverkauai.com/

Wings Over Kauai Air Tours is located at Lihue Airport. Easy to get there from the ship.

Thanks. We’ll check it out.

We took the blue ones in Kauai a number of years ago.  Check trip advisor for current companies.  Would expect that a lot of them have changed owners with covid.

We've used Blue Hawaiian Helicopters twice now. Yes, pricey...but it's not something that you will likely forget! Don't know if they still do this, but they used to offer the flight video for sale after you land.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We've used Blue Hawaiian Helicopters twice now. Yes, pricey...but it's not something that you will likely forget! Don't know if they still do this, but they used to offer the flight video for sale after you land.

Another vote for Blue Hawaiian. We used them 20 years ago. Unforgettable experience.

That one was on my bucket list. Feel bad that my video got lot during the move.

I can't remember which tour company I used, but "Ernie" was the pilot.  A Vietnam helicopter pilot who was skilled, but not a dare devil.  We were able to fly close to Waialeale Falls, the wettest place on earth.  Kauai is a place to see by helicopter since there are so many remote places like the NaPali Coast Line.  

Also took a door's off helicopter ride over an active lava flow on Hawaii Island.