Disease warning

On 4/5/2024 at 8:25 PM, 4shines said:

We sailed on the silhoutte in Dec. My husband and I both got very sick. Horrible body aches and respiratory symptoms shortness of breath and coughing.  Came on very fast. I was tested and flu and Covid both negative. I ended up with bacterial pneumonia. I was thinking some new virus. Never had body pain that bad before. 

hmm.. maybe that's what we ended up with after ASCENT..something new.  The body aches were very intense!  We used tylenol flu med..  ...It  lingered but luckily did not progress!

45 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Did you even read this?

it is NOT the flu, despite your assertion in post #10.

You must have me confused with someone else.

I posted the link because I am tired of reading mis and misleading information. Legionella is a pneumonia. It is a non trivial disease that may be deadly to some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broberts said:

You must have me confused with someone else.

I posted the link because I am tired of reading mis and misleading information. Legionella is a pneumonia. It is a non trivial disease that may be deadly to some.

Sorry I did get the threads mixed up.  I need to stop posting before coffee 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am sorry but Legionnaires disease has been around since 1976 and it is from water, bacteria yes and it is not contagious.  Nothing to worry about.

While I agree with your carpe diem sentiment, and further concur that Legionnaires has been around for a while, and that it is not spread person-to-person, it CAN be very worrisome for high risk persons, ie. the elderly and pulmonary challenged.  Enough so that Celebrity saw fit to inform passengers on previous cruises as well as the one OP has posted about. Not sure why you object to other people's concerns about the risk, especially not knowing their individual story.  I pray you are grateful not to have such health worries!  Happy cruising! 😎

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 3