Mirror/Lighting situation on Regal for applying make up

First time on Princess and I'm wondering how many people find the lighting to be good enough for applying make up? Should I plan to bring a travel mirror/light? We haven't cruised in a number of years and previously often did my make-up outside of the bathroom (desk/vanity), since we have 4 in our room I anticipate it will be the same this time (we are in a mini suite if that matters).

5 minutes ago, HondaGirl05 said:

First time on Princess and I'm wondering how many people find the lighting to be good enough for applying make up? Should I plan to bring a travel mirror/light? We haven't cruised in a number of years and previously often did my make-up outside of the bathroom (desk/vanity), since we have 4 in our room I anticipate it will be the same this time (we are in a mini suite if that matters).

I would bring a mirror. My wife does just in case

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes,  bring a mirror...  There is some lighting, and in balcony cabins the desk/mirror is by the sliding door, which can be opened if there is light coming in outside.   But, yes, I want better lighting (and magnifying mirror) for make-up.

• Thanks 1

Bring one of those mirrors that are on a base and tall enough those usually are magnified on one side I just pack it in between clothes.  The lighting should be good enough as previous poster said desk in balcony rooms are by the balcony.

I bring a magnifying mirror with suction cups on the back and just stick it to whatever mirror has the best light over it.  Works for me.  I haven't thought about a lighted one but maybe will look for one with lights and suction cups.

44 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I bring a magnifying mirror with suction cups on the back and just stick it to whatever mirror has the best light over it.  Works for me.  I haven't thought about a lighted one but maybe will look for one with lights and suction cups.

I've had this one for 5 years and recommend it.  It has a light, 10X magnification and attaches with a large suction cup.

https://a.co/d/hNANKOp

image.png.528288e9410d2b63afaf7a131559e39c.png

18 hours ago, HondaGirl05 said:

Should I plan to bring a travel mirror/light?

I've been on the Regal three times in the last year. Bring your own mirror. The desk in the mini suite is near the balcony door, but I still need more light.  I usually end up going out on the balcony to apply my make up.  The bathroom is the only place in the cabin with enough light.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2024 at 9:50 AM, Cajuntraveler said:

I've been on the Regal three times in the last year. Bring your own mirror. The desk in the mini suite is near the balcony door, but I still need more light.  I usually end up going out on the balcony to apply my make up.  The bathroom is the only place in the cabin with enough light.

While on the Regal, I had my magnifying mirror stuck to the mirror in the room with the little half moon shaped shelf, turned on the room lights and the light right above the shelf and it gave me good enough light to put on my make-up.
But since we're on the Coral Princess in a Mini with the older configuration with the desk in the middle I will purchase a lighted magnifying mirror since I don't know how good the lighting is over the desk.

On 4/7/2024 at 9:50 AM, Cajuntraveler said:

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, suzyed said:

While on the Regal, I had my magnifying mirror stuck to the mirror in the room with the little half moon shaped shelf, turned on the room lights and the light right above the shelf and it gave me good enough light to put on my make-up.

I have noticed the light is better at the mirror near the entry way, but my mirror is on a short stand so didn't work for me.  I will try to find a makeup mirror with suction cups so I don't have to go out on the balcony.  Thanks for the tip!!