Europe 2007 Itinerary Info

calikak

We booked a B2B on the Royal today. Grand Mediterranean for Nov 16, 2007 followed by the Three Continents Transatlantic on November 28th. Like craven3 said, we will have to revisit the pricing when (if) Early Bird prices are announced.

I have booked my inside for Three Continents already because there are'nt many insides on that ship.....sooo after the downer debarkation from the current cruise I can get that uplifting feeling of thinking about the next one already booked:)

Oh we go to Devils Island where Steve McQueen was imprisoned in 'Papillion' on The Three Continent cruise:)

We booked a B2B on the Royal today. Grand Mediterranean for Nov 16, 2007 followed by the Three Continents Transatlantic on November 28th..

Hi Cactusrose,

This looks like a great intinerary but won't it be freezing in the Med. that time of year?

Thanks,

Jan

Hi Cactusrose,

This looks like a great intinerary but won't it be freezing in the Med. that time of year?

Thanks,

Jan

It will be cool in the Med. area.Like the cruise on Diamond April 14....we go from cool to warm....Packing all different clothes for all seasons again.:)

We just got off the Tahitian Princess and had cabin 6090. We're also booked into the same cabin on the NEW Royal for her Black Sea Cruise in 2007.

That aft balcony (that the other 5 BA aft balconies) are partially covered and partially not covered, meaning that the balconies are about twice as deep as all the other balconies, but that the cover extends only half the distance of the balcony. I hope that's not confusing.

Not being fully covered, yes, there is soot out there. It didn't bother us at all, but some soot did land on our tee shirts and other things that we had drying after days of snorkeling.

It didn't bother us at all, but I know of at least one other couple who will not book former Ren ship aft balconies again because of the soot. It depends upon how picky you are; they complained about the soot on their already dirty clothes, and Princess took care of the cleaning. We used the self-service laundry and it came out just as well. I mean, the clothes had been worn for a day in an outrigger canoe and gotten soaked with salt water.

There wasn't enough soot to bother while sitting out there; only if you left things out for periods of time to dry.

charlotte

Hi Cactusrose,

This looks like a great itinerary but won't it be freezing in the Med. that time of year?

Thanks,

Jan

Hi Jan!

It will be on the cool side, but then we're used to that. I don't think it will be freezing, but if it is we'll just bundle up. We really like traveling in the spring and fall. It's cooler then, but I'd rather have it cool than too hot. I don't do well with hot.

We just got off the Tahitian Princess and had cabin 6090. We're also booked into the same cabin on the NEW Royal for her Black Sea Cruise in 2007.

That aft balcony (that the other 5 BA aft balconies) are partially covered and partially not covered, meaning that the balconies are about twice as deep as all the other balconies, but that the cover extends only half the distance of the balcony. I hope that's not confusing.

Not being fully covered, yes, there is soot out there. It didn't bother us at all, but some soot did land on our tee shirts and other things that we had drying after days of snorkeling.

It didn't bother us at all, but I know of at least one other couple who will not book former Ren ship aft balconies again because of the soot. It depends upon how picky you are; they complained about the soot on their already dirty clothes, and Princess took care of the cleaning. We used the self-service laundry and it came out just as well. I mean, the clothes had been worn for a day in an outrigger canoe and gotten soaked with salt water.

There wasn't enough soot to bother while sitting out there; only if you left things out for periods of time to dry.

charlotte

Thanks for this info. We have one of the aft balaconies on deck 8 booked so it's nice to know that the soot isn't that big of an issue.

ZitsBear, I also am booked on the Holy Land cruise. Hopefully we will meet on board.

CatusRose, even though I am booked I am jealous that you can do the B2B. Actually, if I had the time and money I would spend all summer on the Royal!

Carole

charlotte

Thanks from me, also. I think having the extra space will be worth the minor inconvenience.

Carol

ZitsBear, I also am booked on the Holy Land cruise. Hopefully we will meet on board.

CatusRose, even though I am booked I am jealous that you can do the B2B. Actually, if I had the time and money I would spend all summer on the Royal!

Carole

I have the time because I retired last year and I have a year and a half to save for it. I love the B2Bs. You're right, I'd stay on year round also if I could.:)

I tried to call Princess on Sunday, April 1st, and was told to call back in late April or early May for summer 2007 sailings of the Golden and/ or Grand in Europe. Right now I'm interested in the Grand's listing that Susy listed that starts in England, sails for 12 days, and visits Ireland, Scotland, France, Belgium, Norway and Denmark. How can I get dates, prices and more itinerary for this cruise before the rush begins? Anyone have any suggestions on the best inside cabin? Thanks for help! I'm am new to sailing Princess but I loved this European itinerary

Anyone know? Thanks :)

LadyHawk10, call Princess again and use the info you know to make them look it up. I had to do that with the Royal - they didn't know anything about it, but when I insisted, they found it. If that doesn't work, call a TA. I hope you get to book your cruise! I am sorry I cannot help on the cabin question.

ZitzBear

LadyHawk10, call Princess again and use the info you know to make them look it up. I had to do that with the Royal - they didn't know anything about it, but when I insisted, they found it. If that doesn't work, call a TA. I hope you get to book your cruise! I am sorry I cannot help on the cabin question.

ZitzBear

Thanks so much!! I'll call them back...

I was awe-struck when I read the Princess 2007 European schedule:D

They have absolutely outdone themselves. I was amazed at some of the itineraries. How could they do that to me;)?

I want to go on at least 3/4 of them in 2007 and can't go on any :mad:

I envy all of you that have already booked. I can't wait to see the 2008 and 2009 schedules:eek: We'll have retired by then and won't have that nagging little problem called 'work'.

Way to go Princess!

LadyHawke10,

I'm NOT a travel agent, but a government employee. However, if you still can't get Princess to book you, send me a message at craven3ATadelphiaDOTnet (substituting @ and . for the words, of course) and I'll tell you how to get them to book it.

Charlotte

CamelliaCity,

I thought the same thing about the itineraries. They are quite nice. We also have to wait a few more years till I retire; but I can still do at least one nice cruise a year until then. Work just has to get along without for a couple weeks a year. When I do retire, we will be heading to Slidell a lot more often also to visit a son and grandson who live there.

Wow, I just called Princess and they did a pricing for me on the Emerald 9/2/07 and I think I am still in shock. :eek:

Unless I can get a group together for a group rate, I don't think we can make this one.

Maybe I'll post on the boards and see if there is any interest in forming a CC group for this date. Can't hurt to try.

Checking out also the CC group cruise on the new Carnival Freedom for their new itinerary which also looks good.

Julia

CamelliaCity,

I thought the same thing about the itineraries. They are quite nice. We also have to wait a few more years till I retire; but I can still do at least one nice cruise a year until then. Work just has to get along without for a couple weeks a year. When I do retire, we will be heading to Slidell a lot more often also to visit a son and grandson who live there.

Mike, I hope your son and grandson survived Katrina with little to no damage. When you start coming to Slidell we'll have to meet for cafe au lait and beignets and talk cruising:)

We'll even let Mrs.MVPinBoynton and Mr.WarEagle join us:eek:

Hi everyone!

I have a question for those of you who have already booked...

I'm planning to do a 12-day Mediterranean cruise in early June 2007, either on Princess (Emerald?) or Celebrity (Millenium?).

Anyway... On the Celebrity boards, someone had said that they think pricing is going to be much higher this year because of fuel costs.

So I was wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark on Balcony and/or Mini-Suites for a 12 day cruise in 2007?? What types of prices were you quoted? Are they lots more than 2006? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to brace myself!! LOL!

Thanks so much for your help!!

Melissa :)

Melissa,

Last Saturday, I booked an outside cabin with balcony (Cat BE) on the Sept. 2, 2007 Emerald Princess cruise, 12-nites Rome to Venice. Base price per person is $3040, not including taxes, port fees, transfers, insurance, etc. Not sure, but I think that is similar to what the rates are for the Golden and Grand doing the same itinerary this summer.

Originally booked last Friday on the Royal for Sept 2007, but there were no discounts being offered. A Cat BD cabin ran about $4000 base price for a 12-nite cruise Rome to Venice. I changed ships when I realized the ports are different on the Royal's itinerary and not all the ones I wanted. Would have rather taken the smaller ship, but the ports are more important to us.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Archived