Europe 2007 Itinerary Info

calikak

CamelliaCity,

Fortunately they lived on the side of the city that survived. Since our son works at the hospital, he got to be there during the whole storm and lived at the hospital for a while. My wife CAPinBoynton wasn't that thrilled about his riding out Katrina, but at least the rest of the family was able to leave.

Melissa,

I don't think I can quote our price, but it was better than I expected. It was only about 10% higher than our 2003 Med cruise. Plus that is before the onboard booking credit and other group discounts that will be coming later.

Uh Oh! Are we not allowed to talk about prices? Sorry about that if we're not supposed to. I knew we couldn't talk about travel agents, but I've seen people talking about cruise prices on practically all of the CC boards.

Anyway, that's OK. I was just trying to get a feel for how they were compared to 2006. I've been getting a bunch of conflicting answers anyway, so I guess I'll have to just be patient (the Celebrity pricing isn't available yet!).

Thanks guys!

melissa :)

Melissa,

I think the problem is that if I tell you the price I got, then the next question is where did you get it. That is an illegal act on the boards.

With RCCL and Celebrity not allowing TAs to discount their price, Princess is much more attractive in price. Especially if your TA can put you into a group pricing package that has a good discount and additional shipboard credit. Plus I try to buy a couple of onboard bookings when I can, since I know I will be going on Princess again. I booked the Grand before the group pricing was available so I could get the BB aft balcony I wanted. You should check with your TA and see what the current price is before the group discount to see if it is in the ballpark and then know it could come down some.

rpinphx1,

Call a good TA. They can fix you up. You might want to check out which ship, itinerary and date you want from the post at the start of this thread. It will make it easier for your TA, since I don't know how much access they have either. I know mine booked what I told her I wanted with no problem.

Using the info at the start of this thread, you can call Princess and insist that they find the ship and sailing you want. I was told they didn't have a Royal Princess and didn't have a Holy Land cruise. :rolleyes: I told them that I had seen the 2007 itinerary - they put me on hold and found the Royal and the Holy Land cruise! They didn't have deck plans in their system, but they did have the available cabins and the prices. I was able to book what I wanted and then move it to a TA for a significant savings.

Using the info at the start of this thread, you can call Princess and insist that they find the ship and sailing you want. I was told they didn't have a Royal Princess and didn't have a Holy Land cruise. :rolleyes: I told them that I had seen the 2007 itinerary - they put me on hold and found the Royal and the Holy Land cruise! They didn't have deck plans in their system, but they did have the available cabins and the prices. I was able to book what I wanted and then move it to a TA for a significant savings.

Maybe it depends on who you get on the phone? I called Princess today about the Europe 2007 cruise on the Grand or the Golden and even gave the specific dates...and the TA said the schedule only goes through April 2007...then she put me on hold for awhile...and when she came back she said that the dates I requested would be out when the brochures but she "didn't know when the brochures would be out"

???

I called back and another TA from princess said to check in about a month. Maybe some cruises are more accessible than others?? Or maybe some TAs know where to look for the unannounced 2007 summer cruises?

Maybe it depends on who you get on the phone? I called Princess today about the Europe 2007 cruise on the Grand or the Golden and even gave the specific dates...and the TA said the schedule only goes through April 2007...then she put me on hold for awhile...and when she came back she said that the dates I requested would be out when the brochures but she "didn't know when the brochures would be out"

???

I called back and another TA from princess said to check in about a month. Maybe some cruises are more accessible than others?? Or maybe some TAs know where to look for the unannounced 2007 summer cruises?

It may be who you get on the phone . I had no problem with the Princess rep when I called. She was more than willing to look up the information but like others, I knew which sailing/ship I was looking for information on.

Julia

Sorry if this has been asked and answered here, but I'm trying to book a MINI suite on the Royal. Was told by their rep that this ship has PH and then it drops to balconies??? Isn't this "Royal" from the REn line? The R-8 now Minerva or something? We sailed on the R-4 and the Tahitian Princess, both had MINIs. Did the R-8 have a different configuration?

SQ

Sorry if this has been asked and answered here, but I'm trying to book a MINI suite on the Royal. Was told by their rep that this ship has PH and then it drops to balconies??? Isn't this "Royal" from the REn line? The R-8 now Minerva or something? We sailed on the R-4 and the Tahitian Princess, both had MINIs. Did the R-8 have a different configuration?

SQ

Yes, apparently no mini's on Royal.....right now, deck 8 is just regular cabins, so I don't know how they plan on turning those into PHs. or if it's just some of the OS that they're making PHs and all deck 8s are staying regular balconies.

Just a reminder that you cannot ask others to email you for contact information for your travel agency. Also, travel agents may not solicit business -- directly or indirectly -- on the boards!

We're sorry:o I don't remember doing that, but...if I did, I apologize.

I did want prices....always looking for those good prices:eek:

I'm really wanting one of these new cruises but where the heck would we ever get the days off:) Off to research that Holy Land intinerary!(again)

I booked!! I booked!!

I just called Princess to see if I could book the Emerald May29th. I was expecting them to say no, just like Celebrity (Celebrity said 2 more weeks). Anway, she was able to pull it up and C752 was available, so I grabbed it.

I've been debating between Celebrity Millenium and Princess, but I really want an aft cabin, so I figured if I waited till Celebrity released theirs, and then wanted Princess, the cabins could all be gone!!

The prices do seem much higher than last year, but...

1) This is a once in a lifetime thing for me (It's my present to myself for finishing my PhD).

2) I doubt Celebrity's pricing will be lower - LOL

Melissa :)

Melissa and everybody else. The prices are much higher for 2007, not just because of fuel prices, but because the demand for Europe is higher. It was higher in 2006 than in 2005, and they already know that it will be even higher for 2007.

On the other hand, according to what I've read, caribbean demand has leveled off a lot, so prices in the carib for fall and winter are bargains. I think that a lot of people looked at what happened the last two years with aallllll those storms plowing through Florida, Louisiana, and states in between, as well as Carib islands, and decided that they might as well head elsewhere.

Supply and demand at work.

Charlotte

Woohoo! I found out from Princess and my TA that Princess will do shares on the new Royal Princess so I will be able to do my dream cruise, B2B's in the Med!

As I was talking to Princess she said excuse me and had to go tell someone (at Princess) that yes they are taking bookings for the Royal!!! :-)

I'm not booked but will be as soon as my TA calls me back. I want to jump on this as the Royal has not too many inside cabins. This is good as the first pricing I got was twice as much as my Sea Princess B2B (21 days in 2005). Of course that was as a single and pricing has increased for 2007.

I'm hoping to do Barcelona to Athens 5/20 and then 6/1 Athens to Rome. I am just so excited! Also I have my two open bookings $ 100. so I don't have to tie up big bucks over a year out!

Woohoo, susan will be cruisin'

I checked the Princess website for their '07 Europe sailings. We can only travel in July because of DH's job (principal at elementary school).

I was looking for the 10 day Western capitals which is roundtrip London this year. Don't see it for '07 (July).

Will be they adding any more itins or is this a complete listing?

I'm considering the 7-day Scandinavia out of London on Sea Princess, but would have preferred the 10-day Northern Capitals.

Thanks.:o

Kathy

Kathy,

Princess hasn't gotten all of the European cruises on their website for booking yet. At this time, only Star Princess and Sea Princess are listed for Europe 2007. They don't have the Grand's sailings listed yet, and they haven't even added the Royal or Emerald to their list of ships yet. I imagine it will take a few weeks yet. That being said, they can be booked through a TA or by calling Princess at their 1-800 number.

I checked the Princess website for their '07 Europe sailings. We can only travel in July because of DH's job (principal at elementary school).

I was looking for the 10 day Western capitals which is roundtrip London this year. Don't see it for '07 (July).

Will be they adding any more itins or is this a complete listing?

I'm considering the 7-day Scandinavia out of London on Sea Princess, but would have preferred the 10-day Northern Capitals.

Thanks.:o

Kathy

I was wondering about this one, too (northern capitals).

Also, better to book through Princess or a TA? I got a better price through a TA, but it makes me nervous for some reason...I feel like I'm assured a refund/ deposit safety/ room if I book directly--on the other hand, I don't want to waste a few hundred dollars unnecessarily

• 3 weeks later...

Archived