Shareholder benefits

2 hours ago, MoBro713 said:

Many thanks to all for the helpful information.  One more question, where on the ship can the OBC be used?

Thanks

Gift shop, Connoisseur wines / liquor, Connoisseur wine lunch, Regent Choice excursions, and Spa.

4 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Gift shop, Connoisseur wines / liquor, Connoisseur wine lunch, Regent Choice excursions, and Spa.

Plus Bingo.

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I submitted my shareholder OBC request yesterday. My TA doesn't think this request will impact the Black Friday or AMEX OBC that have been reflected in my account since my booking last year.  Fingers crossed!

On 8/22/2024 at 4:44 PM, Whinenowine said:

Well I submitted my shareholder OBC request yesterday. My TA doesn't think this request will impact the Black Friday or AMEX OBC that have been reflected in my account since my booking last year.  Fingers crossed!

Well, I"m happy to say that it all worked out.  RSSC emailed last night to say the shareholder OBC was added to my account, and the Black Friday and AMEX OBC was unaffected.  Double benefit, given the shares I bought 2wks ago are up almost 10% to boot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since Regent opens up shorex reservations a year before the cruise, we have always sent in our form and proof of ownership a week or so before that.  And had them approved and applied to our account.  Then we can use them for Regent Choice (for-fee) excursions or the Culinary Arts Classes (which also fall under the Destinations department).

Does Regent send a confirmation email of the request for shareholder benefits?

I ask because I sent two requests: one for our upcoming Regent trip and a separate request for our Oceania cruise (thank you CC for alerting me to the need to make separate requests). I immediately received an automated email confirming the receipt from Oceania but I did not receive anything from Regent. 

Catherine

9 minutes ago, clcmdse said:

I ask because I sent two requests: one for our upcoming Regent trip and a separate request for our Oceania cruise (thank you CC for alerting me to the need to make separate requests). I immediately received an automated email confirming the receipt from Oceania but I did not receive anything from Regent. 

Catherine

Catherine,  About 2 days after I sent mine in and got the automated reply I saw it show up on my cruise account "Manage this booking". It appears Under cruise details  "Shipboard Credits.  It was automatically divided between my wife and I. click on "View details".    

Hope this helps. 

Jay 

2 hours ago, clcmdse said:

Catherine

Catherine--I didn't receive any confirmation they'd received my request.  But 5 days later I got an email stating my request had been approved and the OBC appeared that day.

5 hours ago, clcmdse said:

Catherine

Regent doesn’t confirm receipt of my requests. I have received replies from Shareholder Benefits confirming the OBC anywhere from a day to a week and a half after I send my request. My most recent request was sent on August 13 and confirmed on August 22. 

Just wanted to add/clarify one part.

If you have IRA or similar accounts, you can ask your financial advisor to purchase the shares within your existing account so you spend no extra money out of pocket.  As long as the shares show on your financial statement, you will get it. As others have said, black out your account number before sending it in.

I recently submitted my request for a February 2026 cruse which I received applied a few days later. 

I submit my first page and the page which shows the NCL holding.  I actually delete everything on my statement pages except my name, date and address. The only thing I leave showing is the stock holding shares..  I even black out all financial purchase info and performance on that holding. 

Never had a problem on any shareholder benefit regardless of cruise line.

• Like 1