assume fireworks display

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, sogne said:

VTS has her ETA as 1130 27th April City terminal

moving to Mayflower 1900 28th

maiden cruise departs 2115 3rd May  

assume fireworks display

Fireworks ! I hope so.  I shall be on this particular cruise and so far I'm feeling a bit disappointed.   Everything appears to be focused on the British Isles cruise,  ie the  naming ceremony and huge celebrations in Liverpool.

I/we've not even received the booklet "Your Ocean Awaits" for the 3rd May itinerary ( not that I really need that information)   however, I have already received the ocean awaits  booklet for an upcoming QM2 itinerary I'm booked on a week or so later.    

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Everything appears to be focused on the British Isles cruise,  ie the  naming ceremony and huge celebrations in Liverpool.

I'd like to hope we'll recieve some small commemorative gift for being on the maiden voyage, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. We shall see!

We'll be going down on the 28th to see Queen Anne with her two sisters as well, which should be a nice day out at least.

Edited by MylesS

23 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Do we have any idea when she is due to leave the shipyard?

My understanding is acceptance is 18th and departure is 19th

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:04 AM, Bell Boy said:

Fireworks ! I hope so.  I shall be on this particular cruise and so far I'm feeling a bit disappointed.   Everything appears to be focused on the British Isles cruise,  ie the  naming ceremony and huge celebrations in Liverpool.

I/we've not even received the booklet "Your Ocean Awaits" for the 3rd May itinerary ( not that I really need that information)   however, I have already received the ocean awaits  booklet for an upcoming QM2 itinerary I'm booked on a week or so later.    

I have just called customer service about the lovely “Your Ocean Awaits” booklets.  She told me they are no longer sent. What a wonderful souvenir that we will no longer receive.

On 4/10/2024 at 2:15 PM, sogne said:

maiden cruise departs 2115 3rd May  

assume fireworks display

Right in the middle of second sitting dinner. How many previous 'Maiden Voyage' and 'Special Occasion' sailaways has Cunard organised? I've been on more than a few and I don't remember a single one timed to exclude a large proportion of the passengers.

Or is this an attempt to promote the benefits of Open Dining?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Right in the middle of second sitting dinner. How many previous 'Maiden Voyage' and 'Special Occasion' sailaways has Cunard organised? I've been on more than a few and I don't remember a single one timed to exclude a large proportion of the passengers.

I'm not sure there's a lot of choice about this. It will still be daylight until around 9pm, and at some point the residents of Southampton will have an expectation of being able to sleep without being disrupted by fireworks. So they are in a fairly tight window here. I suspect the restaurant crew will manage to work around people wanting to see the fireworks.

16 hours ago, BellaAnna said:

I have just called customer service about the lovely “Your Ocean Awaits” booklets.  She told me they are no longer sent. What a wonderful souvenir that we will no longer receive.

My post today (Saturday!) had a "Your ocean awaits" booklet for me, for a sailing in May, so they are being sent out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Dancing time for us. We'd give the fireworks a miss! 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 10:54 PM, BellaAnna said:

You probably spoke to a part time Saturday girl, as usual giving out the wrong information. 

Whilst I didn't receive the booklet ( Your Ocean Awaits) for May 3rd , I have just received one for a later itinerary I'm also booked on departing 12th May (2024)

Probably the same agent at Customer services who told me in January that Diamond / Platinum are now no longer eligible for a priority check-in - Either that or my arrivals/boarding card I've just printed off for the May 3rd (2024) departure is incorrect - it has. 'Diamond Priority' printed across it    😉

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Either that or my arrivals/boarding card I've just printed off for the May 3rd (2024) departure is incorrect - it has. 'Diamond Priority' printed across it    😉

That's interesting, as in our check-in email it was mentioned that Cunard will not be able to offer priority check-in due to the large amount of Diamond & Platinum members.

Are you travelling Queens Grill? That could explain why your boarding pass mentions priority.

d54969cea79ad83676d626de.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MylesS said:

That's interesting, as in our check-in email it was mentioned that Cunard will not be able to offer priority check-in due to the large amount of Diamond & Platinum members.

Are you travelling Queens Grill? That could explain why your boarding pass mentions priority.

d54969cea79ad83676d626de.png

Yes I understand that , I received the same email which is for the May 3rd itinerary only,   however, the wrong information I was given 'way back in January' related to this perk being removed altogether. 

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Yes I understand that , I received the same email which is for the May 3rd itinerary only,   however, the wrong information I was given 'way back in January' related to this perk being removed altogether. 

Well, as I always say, how fortunate it is that Cunard’s IT and other land based endeavours are a bit of a mess, and their ships (generally) a delight, and not the other way round.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 10:54 PM, BellaAnna said:

Just resurrected your post BellaAnna , hopefully by now you will have received the booklet  (Your Ocean Awaits) I and many others have received a copy this morning for the Maiden itinerary May 3rd.

About time some of these agents at customer service took a crash course in Cunard corporate awareness .  

9 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Just resurrected your post BellaAnna , hopefully by now you will have received the booklet  (Your Ocean Awaits) I and many others have received a copy this morning for the Maiden itinerary May 3rd.

About time some of these agents at customer service took a crash course in Cunard corporate awareness .  

I also recieved this. The envelope was a big shock, we thinked it look really nice.

5 minutes ago, MylesS said:

I also recieved this. The envelope was a big shock, we thinked it look really nice.

15 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

You are so kind to get back to me.  I’m out of town but will check back with you when I check the mail. 

• Like 1