Replace second guest on reservation?

My husband and I booked a cruise in August. It now seems that he may need to go to a conference for work during that time. Is it possible to swap him out for another passenger and keep the same booking? We haven't made final payment yet, but I would prefer not to cancel and rebook, as the price has since gone up.

I would be afraid of any confusion or misinformation.  Things could have changed, and Princess is known for not being consistent.

Did you book thru a TA, thru Princess, a Princess Planner?   Have you contacted anyone?

Will the system online allow you to change passenger information?

If your Husband is the primary passenger on the booking, I would be afraid that this could not be changed????

One person can be changed.   You need to do it through your TA, CVP or Princess.  There could be a charge and it could get really confused.  Definitely needs to be done as soon as possible

If refundable deposit certainly easiest to cancel.

Absolutely positively do not do it online.  If with Princess tell them while on the phone you need an email confirmation while you are on the phone, then check to see it is done right then.

Yes, you absolutely can do that anytime up to just prior to your cruise. A couple of years ago my DH and I had a cruise booked and literally just a few weeks prior he realized a work issue was going to make it impossible for him to go - so we swapped him out for our son and he and I went together instead. He also did it on a NCL cruise last year where he was taking a couple of his employees on a boy’s trip - one ended up moving suddenly for a new opportunity and again my son got swapped in. He has really benefited from these last minute changes!

The only caveat is that one of the original two people must remain on the booking. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I would be afraid of any confusion or misinformation.  Things could have changed, and Princess is known for not being consistent.

Did you book thru a TA, thru Princess, a Princess Planner?   Have you contacted anyone?

Will the system online allow you to change passenger information?

If your Husband is the primary passenger on the booking, I would be afraid that this could not be changed????

I am the primary passenger on the booking, so that will help at least. We don't know for sure yet if he will have to go to the conference, but he is trying to find out before final payment is due.