Debarkation In Rome

martyap

We are off the RCCL Oasis in Civitevecchia and must catch our transfer to FCO at 8:00. A large portion of the ship’s passengers embarked in Barcelona so for them it is merely a port day. About how much time should we need to self disembark and go through passport control…..thanks

Thanks…..the ship docks at 6:00 and the group I have booked a transfer for 8:00. Two have 12:30 flights, two have 1:30 flights and my wife and I are overnighting in Fiumicino.

i did not realize there would be no passport control. What time should I tell the others to start heading out to meet the transfer. I was thinking 7:15

Posted (edited)

If your itinerary is wholly contained in the Schengen Area, there’s no customs when you complete your cruise. You walk right off the ship. We were one of the very few passengers doing self assist so there were zero lines to disembark.  

Our ship was supposed to arrive at 7:00am but we didn’t dock until 8:00am. I was sweating bullets a bit since we had an 11:25am flight home.  But the ship was cleared for debarkation within 5 minutes of docking and we were in our prearranged private transportation within 10 minutes after that. We were at the airport around 9:15am and we used all of those two hours to check in, and go through security and passport control (that’s were the long lines and a bit of chaos are). We got to our gate after boarding had begun but we made it. 

If you don’t already have it, I’d recommend a private service just for your group that can pick up right at the terminal (some means of transportation don’t do that). That made a world of a difference for us. No waiting, and our car was waiting right across the sidewalk as we exited the terminal. 

Edited by Tapi

On 4/12/2024 at 4:47 AM, Tapi said:

We were at the airport around 9:15am and we used all of those two hours to check in, and go through security and passport control (that’s were the long lines and a bit of chaos are). 

We have heard people recommend the fast track pass for around 7 Euros. Supposedly that could eliminate long waits in these areas. (I say "supposedly" because I'm a skeptic.)

52 minutes ago, PeggyCTB said:

What company would one recommend for transportation from the port to FCO?

There are several vendors recommended on this board every day. The one we have used is Rome in Limo,  great company,  huge thread just down the board full of recommendations. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking at an 11:05 departure next April after we leave the Majestic Princess. I want a nonstop to Chicago and it makes a difference whether we can leave the day we get off the ship or have to spend another night. We will be checking a bag each. I am Elite and can pretty much leave when we want to, but will have to get our bags. We would arrange a private car service. 

I know it's tight, but is it even possible? Our ship is due to dock at 7.

Thanks,

Janet