Difference when booking Wi-Fi in advance or onboard when you are Elite

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. If we each pre-book the unlimited Wi-Fi package at the full price, we understand that we will get the 50% Elite discount in the form of OBC once we board the ship. However, if we wait to purchase the unlimited Wi-Fi package until after we board (via the App hopefully), will we only be charged at the 50% rate rather than paying the full price and getting the difference posted as OBC to our account? Is this correct?

If u look on the app now it should show the 50% discount price (at least it does for me). The only reason we wait until we board is to use OBC for WI-FI.

I think previously you paid the full price if purchased in advance and then they gave you credit back once on board.

Unfortunately, we have the Plus package booked on our next cruise, which is in a couple of weeks, and I can't seem to figure out how switch to our July cruise in the App. This is what I'm seeing in the App on our upcoming itinerary and don't want to click on the UPGRADE button for fear it may book it again for some reason. 

But from your experience if I do click on the UPGRADE button once we are able to access our July booking, will we be given the option to pay the 50% Elite charge with a credit card prior to boarding or will it just show up in our shipboard account?

wifi.thumb.jpg.a05ca4d70e4dfea03d15567c78724c7d.jpg

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Unfortunately, we have the Plus package booked on our next cruise, which is in a couple of weeks, and I can't seem to figure out how switch to our July cruise in the App. This is what I'm seeing in the App on our upcoming itinerary and don't want to click on the UPGRADE button for fear it may book it again for some reason. 

But from your experience if I do click on the UPGRADE button once we are able to access our July booking, will we be given the option to pay the 50% Elite charge with a credit card prior to boarding or will it just show up in our shipboard account?

This screenshot shows you already have the wifi single device package.  

To switch to your July cruise, which I assume the above screenshot is not the July cruise?

On the App you should show the next cruise… just click bottom right photo…brings up cruises.  Click on view all or the picture of the next cruise by scrolling over to the right, swipe left. Click on the cruise you want.

THEN, look at the wifi/internet for that July cruise.  Book your internet package unless you already have it included in a Plus or Premier package?

And, yes, you should show a 50% discount on that wifi screen to purchase.  If you don’t, then your loyalty status is wrong on the App.  Hey, a lot of us have that issue.  😳

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! I just figured out that I had to tap on the July itinerary a little harder than I originally was and was then able to order the 4-device Wi-Fi plan at the reduced Elite fare and have it charged to the credit card on file, which was a little cheaper than if each of us had pre-purchased the 1-device plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I have a B2B cruises (3 day &16 days).  On the App, only the first cruise booking # shows for both cruises.  I had purchased 1 device @ 50% off with Elite for the 3 day cruise and my 16 day cruise was with Plus.  I changed the 16 day booking it to Standard.  On the App, I clicked Upgrade to see if I could add WiFi to my second cruise.  The Upgrade is going from 1 device to 4 devices.  The $ for the Upgrade went through.  I had to call Princess (no wait time) and she cancelled the Upgrade and could not add the WiFi to the 16 day through the App.  She added the WiFi cost to my booking and will pay at final payment in June.

• Like 1