Flying out of Seattle

I just got a flight change on my post-cruise flight from Seattle, and don’t know if I should schedule a different flight. My flight was originally scheduled for 1:40pm and was moved to 11:40am.  My ship is the Holland America Eurodam (which I believe will be in Pier 91) and we arrive back in Seattle on Saturday, 6/15 at 7:00 am.  Can we make the 11:40 flight, or should we look for something else?  The alternatives would be a 1:40 flight on a different airline (not a big deal to use a different airline), take a red-eye Saturday night, or spend Saturday night in Seattle and take a morning flight on Sunday (we're flying back to the east coast).  Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Cruising KPs said:

My flight was originally scheduled for 1:40pm and was moved to 11:40am.  My ship is the Holland America Eurodam (which I believe will be in Pier 91) and we arrive back in Seattle on Saturday, 6/15 at 7:00 am.

If everything runs smoothly and you arrive on time you should have no issue making that on a Saturday morning. You might not be able to use the cruise lines transfers (they usually have a noon cutoff) but you would easily be able to pick up an Uber and head to SeaTac. 

11 minutes ago, Cruising KPs said:

The alternatives would be a 1:40 flight on a different airline (not a big deal to use a different airline)

Gives you a little more time at the airport but not a huge deal in the context of this. 

11 minutes ago, Cruising KPs said:

take a red-eye Saturday night,

Personally would be my last choice unless you want a day of sightseeing in Seattle but don't want to pay for a hotel to stay over. 

12 minutes ago, Cruising KPs said:

or spend Saturday night in Seattle and take a morning flight on Sunday (we're flying back to the east coast)

Not a bad way to come off a cruise and spend a relaxing afternoon in town unless you need that full Sunday at home to get ready for the week. 

The answer is iffy ... 😲

IF the ship is cleared on time, IF you can do walk off with your luggage, IF you take a cab or rideshare, IF traffic is light (should be), IF you use SpotSaver or have TSA Pre, then you will/should make your 11:40 flight. Saturdays at SEATAC can be a zoo....

• Like 1

Agree with my friend @julia, that walking off with your luggage, having TSA pre check, or registering for Spot Saver are extra measures that you can do to make your passage thru a very busy SeaTac Airport less stressful.

Not sure if your 11:40 AM flight qualifies for Port Valet, but you might check that as another option.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

https://visitseattle.org/things-to-do/cruise-information/port-valet/

38 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

having TSA pre check

A trick I use at SeaTac that has been helpful is to avoid the security bottleneck is to use the TSA Precheck lines at the far side of the checkin area by the Hawaiian Airlines/Air Tahiti/United checkin areas-- I think its called Security Checkpoint 1. Just avoid the security lines near Alaska Airline's main area at all costs at peak times. 

We have walked off early at pier 91 and made the airport for flights at 10:45 am (four times).  We have been fortunate to have no problem making our flights but we always know it might not work and have a plan B in mind.

• Thanks 1