Wheelchair coach travel with Intercruise

We are considering switching to coach travel for our future cruises but as my wife is 'almost' a full time wheelchair user we are seeking advice.

Does anyone know if intercruises provide wheelchair spaces for passengers who find it impossible to climb coach steps, and difficult to transfer to a coach seat?

Anyone know for certain if Intercruises still use Woolly Edge services for their Barnsley collection and drop off point?

Your selected question
What assistance can you provide?

We can arrange assistance for:

• Wheelchair users;
  • Blind or Partially sighted customers;
  • Deaf or hard of hearing customers;
  • Customers with learning disabilities;
  • Customers with mobility disabilities.

We can arrange the following assistance:

• Front seat (this seat can have restricted leg room and is not always recommended);
  • Assistance on and off our coaches (please note: our drivers & staff are unable to physically lift anybody onboard).

Please call us on 0344 338 8690 (0044 0344 338 8690 from overseas) to arrange assistance. Our lines are open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. Call costs are charged at local rates plus network extras.

We require 30 days’ notice to book any of the assistance listed above.

Cruise Connect (intercruises.com)

That's what their website say's, nothing mentioned about wheelchair spaces in particular. Your probably best to call them and see exactly what they can provide, w.r.t. your requirements.

The map on the website does indicate Wooley edge as the pick up point for Barnsley

On our coach a couple of weeks ago there was a wheelchair space. No one was using it but it looked like you would wheel the chair into position and it would be lifted up. I have also been on where there is space behind the driver and all the other seats are upstairs.

13 minutes ago, happy v said:

On our coach a couple of weeks ago there was a wheelchair space. No one was using it but it looked like you would wheel the chair into position and it would be lifted up. I have also been on where there is space behind the driver and all the other seats are upstairs.

Was this on intercruises?

The Intercruises coach we got back from Southampton on our last cruise had space for wheelchairs.

if I remember correctly after booking the cruise there was a message to ring Intercruises as ap to confirm the booking so any message about wheelchair requirements can be passed on then,I was daft enough to request the front seats,never again,there really is a shortage of legroom..not comfy!😮😮