Cape Town questions

The hop on hop off buses in Cape Town are well organised and various routes intersect, allowing you to see pretty much everything, so that could take care of the day.

I would advise leave plenty of time to get to the airport and extra for check in etc, we found the airport crowded and slow to get through, only just made our flight. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 2:10 PM, sleepingcat said:

The hop on hop off buses in Cape Town are well organised and various routes intersect, allowing you to see pretty much everything, so that could take care of the day

More than enough to do in one day.  There are two main lines:  1) is an outer loop that goes to the botanical gardens, the local wine area, a "township", a fishing area as well as some of the popular beach areas.  2) does an inner loop that includes table top mountains.  The inner loop bus overlaps with outer loop bus in the center of town to a great extent and also hits the beach areas.  You can pick up both lines at the V&A center by the aquarium.  

I am not sure about where to store your luggage if you did the hop on hop off bus.  As such, I would probably take a ship's tour with airport drop off.  

On 4/18/2024 at 2:10 PM, sleepingcat said:

leave plenty of time to get to the airport and extra for check in etc, we found the airport crowded and slow to get through

I agree with this.  The line at immigration departing the country seemed really long and took us at least 45 minutes to get through.  

Edited by SelectSys