Live from the Jewel April 29-May 13, 2024: will definitely contain sarcasm and grumpiness

Last time we were in Ketchikan we discovered a new gin distillery which was very cool! They have free samples, great cocktails, and you can see the huge distillery operation they have going on!

www.Unchartedak.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For those of you with technological prowess and a modicum of interest, please follow @mking8288’s current live review from the Prima. He has enough equipment to receive signals from other planets and to safely dock the Prima in a blackout. His Operation Zebra is impressive!

In contrast, I present to you Operation Warthog.

IMG_4012.thumb.jpeg.d227d01af8aa1f59b559a524e5ad362f.jpeg

I had to search my own phone to find out what I have then of course discovered I couldn’t take a photo of my own phone. So you get this.

IMG_4011.thumb.jpeg.37aaef8dc9bc7041e752858dbf0d612c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

Still not packed.

I realized I couldn’t go on a cruise without a book.

I started reading this a couple nights ago but it’s just too sad and too close to home. Exquisite writing though.

IMG_4014.thumb.jpeg.4e574bba177b03ad5e64a3aa7a0d3fbe.jpeg

Then I thought about packing this book,

IMG_4015.thumb.jpeg.20196dbde837678c36939ac7790309b4.jpeg

which I’m also reading and am loving but I like to leave books behind on the ‘take a book, leave a book shelf’ to make room for huckleberry truffles in the suitcase and I want to keep this book. The grade 7 teachers gave it to me as a gift and they signed it. 

So now I’m taking this book

IMG_4016.thumb.jpeg.d12964c4d5024c5128df6e4f9a03dad9.jpeg

which I “borrowed” from the library at my dad’s senior’s home.  It’s a great little library! The books aren’t catalogued and they don’t have spine labels. The selection changes constantly with people taking and leaving books. I have been volunteering in this library since my dad moved in and now I am the only person who maintains it. Today when we walked by the library I peeked in and said “oh, the library is looking really good.”

My dad said “yes, there’s a committee now.”

It’s me. 
I’m the library committee.

• Like 16
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Somebody unfollowed me and I’m not even on board yet.

🫧🫧🫧Must have been the bubbles.🫧🫧🫧

Well, I for one, am here for all the bubbles! Bubbles everywhere!!! I swear I'm going to get one of those auto bubble machines, but that might take away the joy of blowing them. 

Don't worry, I'm also here for your wit, charm, sarcasm, and grumpiness!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Your helping Dad pack reminds me of the time DH packed himself and brought five black t-shirts, so it looked like he was wearing the same shirt every day! (I now do his packing.)😁 I'm excited to read your upcoming Princess live as we'll probably jump ship at some point to do an L.A. to Hawaii trans-Pacific & Princess is our #1 choice.

Happy embarkation day! We'll be sailing on the Sun out of Seattle in a couple of weeks and I'm excited to read about your adventures.🚢❤️Have an amazing cruise!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Somebody unfollowed me and I’m not even on board yet.

🫧🫧🫧Must have been the bubbles.🫧🫧🫧

Oh my, seriously? 😮

Following along, love all your travels and your pictures are wonderful!  Will be interested to hear how you like Princess.  We are long time Princess cruisers, as well as, NCL.  (Jewel was my first and still favorite!)

Book recommendations are great too!   

Bon Voyage!🚢

Edited by Tyskie
  • Like 1

Prayers for a smooth embarkation this morning. 

With 3 ships docked at Canada Place, it could be interesting.

The RCCL Radiance of the Seas has been docked since late Thursday night.  They allowed passengers to board on Friday hoping to sail Saturday evening.  Cruise was canceled Saturday with all passengers leaving yesterday.   I was hoping they would g et Her moved this morning.

Now you have The Radiance, The Ovation and The Jewel all docked at Canada Place.

BIG BIG BIG BIG HUG

Love and prayers always,

Mandy

• Like 2

Thank you for your live reports, I love reading them. Wishing you an awesome cruise and birthday with your dad. I am now all caught up (speed reading) through your report and can’t wait to follow along.

• Like 1

It’s cruise day!!!

I’m bursting with happy excitement!

It’s time to say farewell to Emotional Support Ostrich and drive to my dad’s.

IMG_4017.thumb.jpeg.79bcc44e93e452bf93d60e447643bb8f.jpeg

First I need to do my hair and get dressed though.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Prayers for a smooth embarkation this morning. 

With 3 ships docked at Canada Place, it could be interesting.

The RCCL Radiance of the Seas has been docked since late Thursday night.  They allowed passengers to board on Friday hoping to sail Saturday evening.  Cruise was canceled Saturday with all passengers leaving yesterday.   I was hoping they would g et Her moved this morning.

Now you have The Radiance, The Ovation and The Jewel all docked at Canada Place.

BIG BIG BIG BIG HUG

Love and prayers always,

Mandy

Thank you, Mandy!

I wonder why the Radiance was cancelled?

4 minutes ago, Faulkh said:

Thank you for your live reports, I love reading them. Wishing you an awesome cruise and birthday with your dad. I am now all caught up (speed reading) through your report and can’t wait to follow along.

Thank you for the good wishes and for reading!

24 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Thank you, Mandy!

I wonder why the Radiance was cancelled?

Radiance is having mechanical issues. It lost two ports on its last cruise and can’t keep its speed up to make the run to the Alaskan ports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faulkh said:

@MrsTocko yes please share your blank one much appreciated. Thanks very much planning Alaskan cruise for a group of 9 and think this would be great to get everyone on the same page 

Here is my full document (I am combining it, instead of having multiple documents for each tab.)

each tab should be self explanatory.  I left information from previous trips (nothing that cant be shared), so you see how i did it.  Do it how it works for you.  I change it all the time... The calendar does have some date formulas, not REALLY fully correct, but they work...that top line is funky.

If you or anyone has any questions on it let me know cruise critic moniker at gee mail

Travel Itinerary.xls

• Like 3

I got to say hi to Sunny, the resident bird at the concierge desk where my dad lives. At one point they got him a mate but he didn’t like that. He likes all the attention for himself.

IMG_4020.thumb.jpeg.be907b47b31382bfb043d11d29bbd11b.jpeg

• Like 9