BEYOND: No Availability for Specialty Dining Reservations

Hi:

We are on the May 18 sailing of the Celebrity Beyond out of Fort Lauderdale for the ABC cruise. We’ve purchased three specialty dining meals but when going to reserve them on the App (and website) every single specialty restaurant on that sailing shows no availability. We’ve been checking this for several days.

Our assumption is, they must hold back some of the reservations to be handled on board. Does anyone know if this is true?

Additionally, if that is true, when and where when boarding do you go immediately to secure the reservations that you want for places like Rooftop and Eden?

1 minute ago, clarkgriswold said:

Our assumption is, they must hold back some of the reservations to be handled on board. Does anyone know if this is true?

This is true.

1 minute ago, clarkgriswold said:

Additionally, if that is true, when and where when boarding do you go immediately to secure the reservations that you want for places like Rooftop and Eden?

You can go to any specialty when you board. They should be able to make all your reservations from that one spot.

Yes, they keep reservations open for when you board.  You can visit any specialty when you get on board to make your reservations, the times maybe limited, so I recommend doing it first thing.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, clarkgriswold said:

Hi:

We are on the May 18 sailing of the Celebrity Beyond out of Fort Lauderdale for the ABC cruise. We’ve purchased three specialty dining meals but when going to reserve them on the App (and website) every single specialty restaurant on that sailing shows no availability. We’ve been checking this for several days.

You will have to do this on board. Unlike a single dining purchase multi night dining packages can't be reserved ahead of time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

You will have to do this on board. Unlike a single dining purchase multi night dining packages can't be reserved ahead of time.

I saw somewhere that Royal is supposedly changing this to where you can book ahead of time, hopefully it's true and gets rolled out soon.  Crossing my fingers it then trickles down to Celebrity. 🤞

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

This is so helpful. To be clear, we need to visit each specialty dining restaurant individually?

Also, do they have staff there to handle the bookings (We board at 11:30 and suspect the restaurants will not yet be open.

51 minutes ago, clarkgriswold said:

This is so helpful. To be clear, we need to visit each specialty dining restaurant individually?

Also, do they have staff there to handle the bookings (We board at 11:30 and suspect the restaurants will not yet be open.

Tyler explained you go to one restaurant to make ALL bookings.  What I would do is check hours for a few restaurants.  I think Sushi on 5 is open early so that might be a place you can make your reservations.  I wouldn't wait too long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

Tyler explained you go to one restaurant to make ALL bookings.  What I would do is check hours for a few restaurants.  I think Sushi on 5 is open early so that might be a place you can make your reservations.  I wouldn't wait too long.

Thank you for making that point clear. I had missed it.

My assumption is either the app will tell us which specialty dining restaurant(s) will be open at boarding time to help with reservations; or a member of the crew can point us in the right direction. (Would be great if they could be done via the app once you are onboard.)

When you board, there are often staff trying to sell meals at the Specialty Restaurants.  On our last cruise on Ascent, there were no reservations available a month before our cruise.  When we were on the ship, staff was discounting prices and there was very good nightly  availability.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, clarkgriswold said:

Thank you for making that point clear. I had missed it.

My assumption is either the app will tell us which specialty dining restaurant(s) will be open at boarding time to help with reservations; or a member of the crew can point us in the right direction. (Would be great if they could be done via the app once you are onboard.)

The app will tell you hours which are usually correct.  A crew member can certainly tell you. I find the website is the best way to book BEFORE the cruise.

Go to Guest services or to Cosmopolitan Restaurant floor , there was a Station to choose your Times and Restaurants, I had a list of Restaurants, dates and times we preferred and it was no problem getting what we wanted.

No need to go to each Restaurant you desire.

I went there right after dropping bags at Room.