Contacting Viking

sowhat33

23 minutes ago, sowhat33 said:

What’s the best, most productive way to contact Viking regarding a suggestion for enhancing a trip? 

Doesn't belong in Roll Call but will answer in case you see before it is deleted 

tellus@vikingcruises.com

• Like 1

I think during the cruise.  When you get the mid cruise request fill it out...In my experience I know that at least it is read.

12 hours ago, sowhat33 said:

What’s the best, most productive way to contact Viking regarding a suggestion for enhancing a trip? 

Curious what you want to suggest?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sowhat33 said:

I'm hoping to see this while visiting the Normandy beaches.

BBC: D-Day silhouettes assembled near Gold Beach

https://bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-68853855

FYI

Gold Beach is off the beaten track.

Viking currently does excursions to Omaha Beach and Juno Beach (Viking River, not sure about VO)

Omaha is the overwhelming choice for American pax.

Juno Beach is part of the Commonwealth excursion. There is a visitor center there staffed by Canadian college students (the same age as those who died there).  It also visits the Pegasus Bridge which was featured in the movie The Longest Day. The museum also has full scale replicas of the gliders used in the assault. The first Allied casualty of D-Day occurred here. Viewing the Bayeux Tapestry is also a stop on the excursion. Since most pax are Americans who want to go to Omaha, this excursion has very few participants. I highly recommend it.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c4728d3c763992f352292fe8e7c7a88.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2ba5a47feabd39e2b03693bb914c3b48.jpeg

Actual post D-Day photo of the crashed gliders and the critical bridge. They dropped in on the German soldiers and took the bridge in minutes, then held it through counter assaults until relieved many hours later.

image.thumb.jpeg.08419ab7c991c956e560d0ad72eec631.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

That is what we did.  Our friends took the Omaha Beach and I think I our day was a better use of time.  I really wanted to see the tapestry and the Juno Beach part was very good and we did the grave wreath too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deec said:

That is what we did.  Our friends took the Omaha Beach and I think I our day was a better use of time.  I really wanted to see the tapestry and the Juno Beach part was very good and we did the grave wreath too.

We only had 8 people on the tour and 2 were crew members who tagged along.

The cemetery and wreath laying was moving.

image.thumb.jpeg.3c23760976f513cbfb090c7de797cc96.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm signed up for the Paris & Heart of Normandy tour later this year, and I wish I could provide OP a more definitive answer. Either way, I'm excited.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mike07 said:

I'm signed up for the Paris & Heart of Normandy tour later this year, and I wish I could provide OP a more definitive answer. Either way, I'm excited.

During the summer they project a fantastic multimedia light show on Rouen Cathedral. We stumbled upon it one night when docked there. Video in link:

https://en.normandie-tourisme.fr/highlight/rouen-cathedral-light-show/

IMG_3436.thumb.jpeg.10ed14ac7f7f5a240fd629fa460c51bc.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, sowhat33 said:

I'm hoping to see this while visiting the Normandy beaches.

BBC: D-Day silhouettes assembled near Gold Beach

https://bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-68853855

On our recent Saturn cruise (Trade Routes) the D-Day excursion was altered a bit from the online description due to the anniversary events.  The included museum visit was Overlord, across from the cemetery and it was awesome.  The lunch was actually at a restaurant in the Gold area, and we had shopping time there which you could probably use for visiting the silhouettes.

IMG_3596.jpeg

On 4/23/2024 at 1:26 PM, OneSixtyToOne said:

Juno Beach is part of the Commonwealth excursion. There is a visitor center there staffed by Canadian college students (the same age as those who died there).  It also visits the Pegasus Bridge which was featured in the movie The Longest Day. The museum also has full scale replicas of the gliders used in the assault. The first Allied casualty of D-Day occurred here. Viewing the Bayeux Tapestry is also a stop on the excursion. Since most pax are Americans who want to go to Omaha, this excursion has very few participants. I highly recommend it.

Ditto. Fewer guests do this one, so the experience is more intimate while still being equally as impactful.

I want to thank all who responded. I contacted TellUs and they responded with a phone call within hours. They acknowledged that my sugggestion was interesting, desirable and do-able. The representative was going to forward it to the appropriate department. He also suggested that I reinforce my interest once on the ship as deec suggested. On my way!

• Like 3