Just off the Celebrity Equinox

This is so great to see.  

The ship looks great in your video and I'm sure you're right will be sparkling and looking new after the dry dock that starts in jut a few days.

We can't wait for our TA on her in November!!

Totally agree with the review. We went on a last minute cruise with friends on an older Carnival ship and it was awful. The ship was run down and I actually got locked out on my balcony one day due to a broken handle. No apologies from anyone. The Equinox, when we went on her (prior to dry dock) had very few rust spots and overall was in fantastic ship. Also agree about the food, service and entertainment all being excellent. 

• Thanks 1

We were on the 4/1 to 4/11 Equinox caribbean cruise. I agree with you totally with the exception of the entertainment. We found it very lacking, but then it's all subjective isn't it. We will indeed sail with Celebrity again and would not hesitate to sail on the Equinox again either.

Thanks for posting this.  We are taking this ship out of Barcelona in 4 weeks.  Excited to see what is all done during the Dry Dock.  I hear so many different things.  Painting outside, but I also hear that they usually change out carpet and sheets/blinds etc as the refresh.  I appreciate your review, makes us feel better about this older ship regardless what is done in dry dock.  I will try to send pictures when we get on board.  Cheers!

• Like 3

In 2019 we cruised the Equinox in Alaska. While it looked to be near the end of its redecorating cycle. It provided a very functional experience. We could know how she would look all refreshed, as a few months before we had cruised her sister ship, the Eclipse, which had recently returned from a dry dock. Sharpe!

24 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

In 2019 we cruised the Equinox in Alaska. While it looked to be near the end of its redecorating cycle. It provided a very functional experience. We could know how she would look all refreshed, as a few months before we had cruised her sister ship, the Eclipse, which had recently returned from a dry dock. Sharpe!

Any details you learned from the sister ship Eclipse dry dock?  Like could you see or hear what was changed?  I hear exterior paint, carpet, sheets, drapes, etc?  Would love to hear what changed.  Much appreciated

On 4/22/2024 at 11:39 PM, rexdillinger said:

We have sailed on the Equinox 6 times and agree with everything you said except we aren’t wild about the production shows, a couple of them have been around for 6 years. The Equinox is a wonderful ship and one of our favorites and look forward to see what she will look like after the dry dock.

4 hours ago, JohnRuby said:

Any details you learned from the sister ship Eclipse dry dock?  Like could you see or hear what was changed?  I hear exterior paint, carpet, sheets, drapes, etc?  Would love to hear what changed.  Much appreciated

Well, it has been a long time ago. But as I recall, the carpets, paint and furniture on the Eclipse looked new and fresh. But on the Equinox they were a bit worn, but everything was functional. This was before all the revolutionalizing stuff that made ship’s interiors look like the “Ikea of the seas”, which I might not have liked much. Instead, the Eclipse then looked classy and new. 

• 2 weeks later...