Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

Posted (edited)

We were surprised at how much we liked NCL after only doing RCCL.  Looking at lines that have less kids and families now.  I can't wait  to see what you think of Encore and Prima. 

Edited by depplep
  • Like 4

Q&A with Georgia. I thought the most interesting one was what was her worst cruise. It was a Hawaii cruise on Miracle and the itinerary was changed the day before the cruise. So she had to change the schedules and guests had to change excursions. Then a volcano erupted and one of the ports was canceled.

IMG_9896.thumb.jpeg.0c00ade4e6e025dfb78c801f58db8fb9.jpeg

IMG_9895.thumb.jpeg.95d151b79369fcd68a64d43b7ac4b1e4.jpeg

• Like 7

I left my dnd sign off all day so Stewart would do my room early and leave my laundry so I could pack. And this is a great example of why I leave it on all day usually. I’m ready to get ready for alchemy and the evening and he’s in there doing the room now.

IMG_9907.thumb.jpeg.89ae2976d15d343110bbee10c8fd66f2.jpeg

IMG_9908.thumb.jpeg.78b04f2795dbb7a73a2d851df4d69288.jpeg

IMG_9909.thumb.jpeg.6724e376917b45e2913617dd65c55d6c.jpeg

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I have Jewel, Encore, Prima, and Epic booked. I also have two of their $500 cruise first certificates that I paid $250 for. So that means I’ll be booking at least two more.

Looking at one out of Boston. I’ve been holding off on Canada/New England since Carnival stopped going to Boston. But other lines use it as a home port so that’s on my list.

I want to do an Alaska on one of their larger ships out of Seattle that stops in Sitka. So that’s on my list.

And they seem to be rotating the new ships through Galveston so I’ve got Prima next year. 2026 Viva is in Galveston so I’m looking at that as well. It’ll be nice to check out all of the new ships without having to fly to Florida.

We took a cruise on the Prima out of Galveston down to the ABC islands last month. It was far and away the best cruise we have ever taken.

The ship is beautiful and the design is apparently excellent in that we never felt crowded - good people flow. The food was consistently the best we have had on any cruise, with the exception of Cagneys (NCL folks love and brag about Cagneys but we found it mediocre; perhaps a bad night.) The crew was outstanding. Once we were looking for a place and asked a crew member. She said "follow me" and took us down a deck to the place we were looking for, and all the crew we came across seemed to have the same helpful attitude.

Now, that is not the norm for all NCL ships. For example on the Breakaway the people flow is not as good and occasionally you hit a people jam. The food on the Breakaway was very good, but often you had to take a pager to wait for a table to open. And the crew was very helpful, but occasionally you would come across one who was a bit clueless.

At the end of January 2025 we have another two week Prima cruise booked and we'll be looking for Viva when it hits Galveston.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_9913.thumb.jpeg.20c4f58b0acb5d36349f1d6646160ab5.jpeg

IMG_9910.thumb.jpeg.20461f4babd2ce52728966e55e31b153.jpeg

IMG_9911.thumb.jpeg.0fe6d096cdff4fb2af269ea284a9789f.jpeg

IMG_9912.thumb.jpeg.54ee112ae0b1a9617771857172f58ba5.jpeg

Some people call it a goodbye heart, uh huh, some people call it a collection plate, uh huh, I reckon...

• Haha 14

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I have Jewel, Encore, Prima, and Epic booked. I also have two of their $500 cruise first certificates that I paid $250 for. So that means I’ll be booking at least two more.

Looking at one out of Boston. I’ve been holding off on Canada/New England since Carnival stopped going to Boston. But other lines use it as a home port so that’s on my list.

I want to do an Alaska on one of their larger ships out of Seattle that stops in Sitka. So that’s on my list.

And they seem to be rotating the new ships through Galveston so I’ve got Prima next year. 2026 Viva is in Galveston so I’m looking at that as well. It’ll be nice to check out all of the new ships without having to fly to Florida.

For sure considering both Prima and Viva. Been a while since we cruised out of Galveston. I'm beginning to really dislike flying. Finally husband will have enough vacation time to take 3 cruises next year. Already have Vista for March booked so Prima would have to be near beginning of year or May or August for a holiday extra day. Just can't bring myself to book 2026, just too far out for my sanity. Already regretting booking March 2025. But it was a good offer I prob won't get again and it's husband's bday. I haven't even told him yet because if something better comes up I will scrap it and just lose the small deposit. I seen to have a bad habit of doing that lol.

• Like 3

But I just kind of walked to the end of the ship and back, then circled around. And a seat opened up. Big D was late and the other one was swamped so it took like 20 minutes to get a drink.

IMG_9916.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Q&A with Georgia. I thought the most interesting one was what was her worst cruise. It was a Hawaii cruise on Miracle and the itinerary was changed the day before the cruise. So she had to change the schedules and guests had to change excursions. Then a volcano erupted and one of the ports was canceled.

Ooooooff 

• Like 1