Repricing Cruise

2 hours ago, Pratique said:

It would be nice if there was an easy way to periodically check (or at least get a clue)

The best chance of a price drop on a sold out category is when other cabins in somewhat similar categories go down. So, track something close to what you have and only call if you see a sizeable drop in that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I called RC and spoke to the Resolutions Dept and they would not honor a price drop on Star of the Seas for a 2026 sailing. Balcony room and the category is not sold out. I see online prices and when I call into RC they act like that don't see the same discount/price. Very frustrating and poor customer service. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, tsnyc1 said:

What am I doing wrong? 

Likely nothing - the consumer facing site sometimes shows prices which the CSR doesn’t have and what you are seeing is a pricing glitch. As a test, ask a TA if they see the price you see. 

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, tsnyc1 said:

I called RC and spoke to the Resolutions Dept and they would not honor a price drop on Star of the Seas for a 2026 sailing. Balcony room and the category is not sold out. I see online prices and when I call into RC they act like that don't see the same discount/price. Very frustrating and poor customer service. 

Are you looking at the exact same category, i.e 4D compared to 4D or 2D compared to 2D.  They are both oceanview balconies but completely different prices

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tsnyc1 said:

Are you using the Royal Caribbean website to do the mock booking price check or some other site?  If you are using some other online travel website, you might be seeing a rate (such as a group rate) that Royal CSR’s cannot see or get for you.

If you are using the Royal website, you cannot just trust the highlighted price on the first page; sometimes the cabins at that rate are gone.  Click through so you have picked the actual cabin category, then look at the pricing detail.  Make sure you are comparing your old cabin fare category to the new cabin fare in the exact same category (not total to total).  If the difference is in the taxes/port fees/etc, you don’t get a price adjustment.  If the better price is in a different category and you would be happier in that new category for that price, ask them price quote for that new category rather than a price adjustment.  

I think there can be another issue with mock bookings when inventory is low in that category.  When a customer clicks on a cabin the system often seems to it out of inventory for about 15 minutes so that customer can complete the transaction.  So, for example, if Royal is only offering one more cabin at $XXX and you click on it to do a mock booking price check, the only cabin at that rate $XXX is tied up (by you, but nobody knows that) if you call in immediately to get that rate.  Of course, if you wait the rate might reappear or someone else might tie it up by clicking on it, or someone else might book it.  

Edited by Starry Eyes

Using RC website. Guaranteed balcony room. Looking at the total price breakdown which is cheaper today. Different promotions. Resolution manager stated I could cancel reservation and rebook at a lower rate but I would lose my $500 deposit. Matter of fact same room on RC website, same sailing was $500 cheaper on Juneteenth but they were closed that day. Therefore, I couldn’t speak with a TA.  I just sailed on Icon,Independence, and have Utopia booked. May just cancel Star and use money elsewhere. If the same room category with the same dates drop, they should honor the price difference. On Icon, had to argue about incorrect charges on the final bill. Finally got it resolved. Thank you all for your response/feedback.

11 minutes ago, tsnyc1 said:

Using RC website. Guaranteed balcony room. Looking at the total price breakdown which is cheaper today. Different promotions. Resolution manager stated I could cancel reservation and rebook at a lower rate but I would lose my $500 deposit. Matter of fact same room on RC website, same sailing was $500 cheaper on Juneteenth but they were closed that day. Therefore, I couldn’t speak with a TA.  I just sailed on Icon,Independence, and have Utopia booked. May just cancel Star and use money elsewhere. If the same room category with the same dates drop, they should honor the price difference. On Icon, had to argue about incorrect charges on the final bill. Finally got it resolved. Thank you all for your response/feedback.

There are 2 different types of guaranteed balcony rooms.

There are guaranteed oceanview and guaranteed neighbourhood.

On the consumer site Royal does not distinguish between the 2 and they do not even show you on your invoice as they both just say guaranteed balcony when in fact there are 2 codes XN and XB.  

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are 2 different types of guaranteed balcony rooms.

There are guaranteed oceanview and guaranteed neighbourhood.

On the consumer site Royal does not distinguish between the 2 and they do not even show you on your invoice as they both just say guaranteed balcony when in fact there are 2 codes XN and XB.  

They may have recently improved that invoice issue.😀  My invoice from a gty booking this week specifies my category.  It clearly says:

XB GTY

OCEAN VIEW BALCONY GUARANTEE

12 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

They may have recently improved that invoice issue.😀  My invoice from a gty booking this week specifies my category.  It clearly says:

XB GTY

OCEAN VIEW BALCONY GUARANTEE

That would be great if they did. Did they fix the website as well so you know what you are getting?  

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That would be great if they did. Did they fix the website as well so you know what you are getting?  

No, the consumer website is as opaque as ever for balcony gty.  

10 hours ago, tsnyc1 said:

I am working on changing the date, not the ship or itinerary, on a 2025 cruise that has a non-refundable deposit. The invoice specifically states that I can make a change, but not cancel without losing the deposit. It also states that I MAY be charged a$100 change fee.

Worth it to me after realizing Greece is 90+ degrees in June, but mid-70s in October. We just got back from melting on a June Caribbean cruise and don’t want to repeat that mistake.