Laundry on day 2?

TPgal

We're booked on a seven night cruise out of Athens, but will be traveling from Seattle at least two weeks prior to "tootle around" Europe before embarking on the Viva.  Our tier level entitles us to a 50% discount on a bag of laundry and I'm wondering can we send it out right away, like the morning of the first full day?  Or, do we need to wait for the mid-cruise 'deal'?

Seems like a silly thing to wonder about, but it's dreary in Seattle today so here I am.  🙂 

You can send your laundry out any day.  We usually "tootle around" and by the time we board the ship we are wearing the last of our clean clothes.  Just write your latitudes tier on the bag and laundry slip so you are charged correctly.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TPgal said:

We're booked on a seven night cruise out of Athens, but will be traveling from Seattle at least two weeks prior to "tootle around" Europe before embarking on the Viva.  Our tier level entitles us to a 50% discount on a bag of laundry and I'm wondering can we send it out right away, like the morning of the first full day?  Or, do we need to wait for the mid-cruise 'deal'?

Seems like a silly thing to wonder about, but it's dreary in Seattle today so here I am.  🙂 

You can turn in laundry as soon as you're on the ship, although they may not get to it at once, so it might take a day longer than usual to get it back to you.  If you submit it on day two, you should get it back by day three.  Hope that helps you with your planning.

While the above answers are correct, that you can send out laundry any day, you'll pay the per-item price (though I guess for a Platinum level cruiser it would still be free, huh?).  I think the OP was specifically asking about the 'fill-the-bag' special for a set price to get the entire load done since they're Gold still.

2 hours ago, hallux said:

While the above answers are correct, that you can send out laundry any day, you'll pay the per-item price (though I guess for a Platinum level cruiser it would still be free, huh?).  I think the OP was specifically asking about the 'fill-the-bag' special for a set price to get the entire load done since they're Gold still.

Good point.  We are Platinum so was not considering that the OP might have to pay the "per item" price.  They could still send some things out, of course, and then wait for the Fill the Bag special later in the week.  They could also rinse out a few things in the sink (just use the shampoo) to get by.

On my last cruise - Prima, Dec. 2023 - there was no deal, just $30 for the bag which was available from the start, even tho it was a 14 day cruise

I don’t think they have to wait for the “deal”.  Especially since they’re Gold.  Confirm with the steward, but I’m reasonably certain they’ll give you the “deal” and the Gold 50% off at any time,  you may have to ask the steward for the bag though.

The fit as much as you can for one flat price deal is flexible. You don't have to wait until it is announced, but do speak with guest services first. My sister doesn't have any real status but was able to talk to guest services and ask about the laundry 'deal' very early into our Prima trip last year before any flyer came out. They told her what to write on the top of the laundry itemized list so it was billed correctly at the 'deal' price.

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

The fit as much as you can for one flat price deal is flexible. You don't have to wait until it is announced, but do speak with guest services first. My sister doesn't have any real status but was able to talk to guest services and ask about the laundry 'deal' very early into our Prima trip last year before any flyer came out. They told her what to write on the top of the laundry itemized list so it was billed correctly at the 'deal' price.

We haven't paid for laundry on NCL for several years now, so my recollection may be a bit fuzzy.  Back when we did have to pay, though, I seem to remember asking our stateroom attendant on the second day of a cruise when the "all in one bag" deal would be available.  He said not to worry about it, but that we could submit one full bag any day during the cruise and still receive the fixed price.  It was $19.95 back then.  The price has gone up two or three times since that time, of course, and I'm not sure that NCL is as lax with the rules today as they once were, but that's my two cents worth on the subject.