Britannia today, any questions?

Hopefully going to book a norway cruise for next may with my 70year old parents.

Dad uses a walker, i did hear brittania is not good for lifts? as only up either end. Did that seem an issue when on board? ie long queues for lifts?

• Like 1

Britannia has lifts forward, mid-ships and aft. 

My mother is a wheelchair user and the only time we had a major problem with lifts was on disembarkation day. We were 4 hours late docking and lots of people decided to self-disembark, meaning that the lifts were full of people with luggage.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, burnoutbabe said:

Hopefully going to book a norway cruise for next may with my 70year old parents.

Dad uses a walker, i did hear brittania is not good for lifts? as only up either end. Did that seem an issue when on board? ie long queues for lifts?

My wife is a full time wheelchair user. The issue that you are referring to is that Britannia doesn’t have stairs midships, so everyone has to use the lifts, even if they would normally use the stairs, so this puts added pressure on the midships lifts. We don’t find it to be a major problem, other than disembarkation morning (which is a challenge on most P&O ships for those with mobility aids). The way to cope with the lifts is to try to use the forward and aft lifts. If your cabin is midships the trick is to use the lifts nearest to where you end your day (which is often forward or aft, as that’s where most entertainment is), travel up to your deck and then walk along the corridor to your cabin. Quicker and easier than walking to the midships lifts on a busy deck. Hope that helps. You shouldn’t have any major issues though. The only ship we really struggled on with lifts was Iona, as they are tiny, everyone uses them and lift etiquette was poor. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S_latham said:

Anybody else had issues with the carpets in the cabins shedding? I assume it's because they are new, if you put any clothes on the floor or walk in socks they get covered in fibers

Yeah, it's just a new wool carpet thing, it will go shortly. 

Andy 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, burnoutbabe said:

We had 'Grandad' with us, mid ship. 

The lifts can get busy as the stairs don't go above 7, but nothing that caused any issues, only a bit slow on disembarkation day. 

Lift etiquette was good, we would often shove grandad in while we used the stairs, like many others. 

Andy 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 12:29 AM, Ardennais said:

6 of our group went on the Loen Skylift and they saw the base jumper! The tiny blue dot. IMG_2777.thumb.jpeg.6ba7220ba969602faeb8b7d33b50b1b2.jpeg

base.jpg

Edited by MDav123
  • Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 9:01 AM, Angel57 said:

One exception imo was Steve Larkins who always performed a really good Freddie Mercury show…..

Yes he was very good.

• Like 1

Re the no mid ship stairs, we normally go forward then we’re ok, I’m generally fine with the movement. On my last Britannia cruise (a short one) we were mid aft so that was a bit of a pain as they’d blocked the aft corridor off for confinement cabins! 

In June I’m back to forward on E deck but quite close to mid-fwd so fingers crossed it will be as good as in 2017!

• Like 1