Tours with airport drop off question

Looking to book a tour with airport drop off. Just wondering how it works?  Do you load all of the luggage for the people on the tour onto the buses?  Then you go on the tour and take your luggage from the bus once they drive you to the airport?  

Thanks for any info. 

7 minutes ago, Wondermouse said:

Looking to book a tour with airport drop off. Just wondering how it works?  Do you load all of the luggage for the people on the tour onto the buses?  Then you go on the tour and take your luggage from the bus once they drive you to the airport?  

Thanks for any info. 

They make sure your luggage is loaded on the bus for you, the driver stays with the bus for any touring and then offloads your luggage when you get to the airport.

We aren’t usually fans of long bus tours, but when there is a late flight, this is an easy solution for spending time before a flight 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wondermouse said:

Thanks for any info. 

Yes

We did it in LA as it was cheaper than an Uber direct to the airport! Saw a bit of the city and didn’t have to worry about what to do with our luggage for the day. Our suitcases were in the hold of the bus, and we left jackets and bigger backpacks on our seats at each stop. Took passports etc with us at each stop. Would do again without hesitation. 

It’s great for flights after 4pm.  We did the same in Australia last year. We had a great tour, and didn’t worry about luggage, and were dropped off at the airport in plenty of time. 

18 hours ago, rotoal said:

They make sure your luggage is loaded on the bus for you, the driver stays with the bus for any touring and then offloads your luggage when you get to the airport.

We aren’t usually fans of long bus tours, but when there is a late flight, this is an easy solution for spending time before a flight 

I’m not sure what you meant by this. On the one we did, they may have physically loaded it onto the bus, but we had to schlep it all to the bus and hand it to them.

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I’m not sure what you meant by this. On the one we did, they may have physically loaded it onto the bus, but we had to schlep it all to the bus and hand it to them.

Sorry, I probably mis-remembered.  If we had taken a taxi or even a private driver, we still would have had to shlep our luggage at some point.  We were just happy to not have to worry about our stuff while we were touring and killing time.  

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

What was  confusing?  Whether a taxi or tour bus you need to either hire a porter or physically get your bags to the vehicle.

Have used a car service and still had to collect our bags and get them to the designated meeting point - usually at a limo area a short walk outside the terminal and occasionally just outside the baggage collection security point

We’ve had several tours with airport drop off. They range from fantastic with quick turnaround through the airport in Miami, to a horrible experience in Buenos Aires. The tour was fine, but all the tour buses (which seemed like half the ship) arrived at the airport at the same time. The LONG line for check in snaked through the airport with many arguments about whether you were in the right line or not. And staff were telling different things to different people, causing even more stress and distress!

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

What was  confusing?  Whether a taxi or tour bus you need to either hire a porter or physically get your bags to the vehicle.

Have used a car service and still had to collect our bags and get them to the designated meeting point - usually at a limo area a short walk outside the terminal and occasionally just outside the baggage collection security point

To me, it made it sound like Celebrity did more than point you in a direction.  Like actually seeing to it that your bags got from the building to the bus.

We have done this a few times mostly out of the US.  It has worked perfectly.  Just load your luggage on the bus, go on the tour and at the end of the tour wind up at the airport. The driver always stays with the bus.

It worked very well for us.  Off the ship in Fort Lauderdale. 
Tour of The Everglades and got off the bus in Miami for

our flight back to the UK. Not too expensive and it was

a good way of using up the day.

Make sure you get your luggage and take it with you to the bus. We just did a cruise with them in March, and I had booked the ships transfer from the port to the airport. The guy at guest services told me not to worry about my luggage after going through customs and that the ship would take it out to the bus for us. The morning of departure I went to guest services to double check what he said. Once again, he said for me not to get my suitcase, that they would do it for us. Nope! We got outside and checked in with the bus transfer and they told us that the ship does not bring your luggage out and that we should have gotten it ourselves. But since we were already outside, we were not allowed back in to get it. We had to stand there for almost 3 hours waiting for our luggage to finally be brought out after the entire ship was cleared and it was x-rayed and physically searched since it was considered abandoned. Then we had to catch a cab to the airport. Luckily our flights weren't until 5pm. Expensive mistake since between the ships transfer and the cab it costs us $100.