Cruising from Boston-transfers to port

I am sure they do but I would never risk coming in the day of a cruise and we always stay downtown prior to cruise not out at the airport.  We actually are down on the transfers because there is so much waiting time

Logan is not far from the terminal.  From the bow of the ship/Gym, you can see the runways.  

Have a back up plan if flying in the same day.  Remember there will be time zone changes.  And Texas has some wicked weather that will ground/delay planes.

I used UBER from the ship to Quincy Market.  Cost me $16...including the tip.

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Logan is not far from the terminal.  From the bow of the ship/Gym, you can see the runways.  

Have a back up plan if flying in the same day.  Remember there will be time zone changes.  And Texas has some wicked weather that will ground/delay planes.

I used UBER from the ship to Quincy Market.  Cost me $16...including the tip.

The problem is you have either a long drive (1 hour+) or a huge wait if there is an accident in the tunnel.  We usually take the harbor shuttle and stay near the pier..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The problem is you have either a long drive (1 hour+) or a huge wait if there is an accident in the tunnel.  We usually take the harbor shuttle and stay near the pier..

Thanks for the updated information.  Hope OP takes advice and comes in a day earlier.  Boston is a lovely city to visit.

• Like 1

We always fly in 2 days early now (used to fly day before).  We like having that extra time at the hotel and no stress if flight delays.  There will be 4 of us with 4 large suitcases.  Based on your responses and my research, we will probably do an Uber XL from our hotel near the airport.

12 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

Can anyone that’s cruised from Boston to Canada/New England tell me if Princess offers transfers from the airport to cruise port?

Yes they do.

Boston is a great city with so much history, great restaurants and lots to do, you're missing a great opportunity if you don't come a day or two before. But whenever you arrive, be careful to plan extra time (sometimes a lot of extra time) for traffic delays. The Sumner Tunnel is one of the main routes from East Boston/Logan Airport into the city. Plan is for it to be closed for construction for the summer of 2024. This causes a lot of congestion for the Ted Williams Tunnel,the other route. I was caught up in that a couple times last year when returning to Logan, it's not pretty. Just allow extra time, pack your patience and you'll be fine.

You mentioned that you have 4 in your party.  Do not purchase Princess Transfers from the airport.  It will cost you an arm and a leg.  Use the money to get a hotel room and a taxi/UBER.

Posted (edited)

If you can handle your luggage, public transportation to and from Logan Airport to the Flynn Cruiseport in Boston is easy via the MBTA Silver line. Fare is $2.30 each way, cash or Charly Card and the hybrid bus/subway cars have luggage racks.  

You can check the schedules to see if it would work for you, and also see how to pay the fare if you choose this option

Here is the route for the SL2 from the pier to Boston South Station 

https://www.mbta.com/schedules/742/line

here is the link for the SL1 South Station to Logan Airport

https://mticket.mbtace.com/schedules/741/line?schedule_direction[direction_id]=1

From the  Flynn Cruiseport Website 

From South Station

If you are coming from South Station (located roughly a mile from the cruise terminal, and also a stop on the MBTA’s Red Line underground subway system), you will need to get on an SL2 bus and get off at the Dry Dock Avenue stop. The cruise terminal is on Black Falcon Avenue, across from the Design Center.

From Boston Logan International Airport

If you are coming from Boston Logan you will need to board an SL1 bus at one of Boston Logan’s four passenger terminals (no fee on the bus departing Boston Logan). You will get off at Silver Line Way (located behind the Manual Life building), cross over from the inbound side to the outbound side track, and get on an SL2 bus (fee required; please visit MBTA Fare Info for rates). Once on the SL2 bus, you will then get off at the Dry Dock Avenue stop. The cruise terminal is on Black Falcon Avenue, across from the Design Center.

Edited by Samkitty1
  • Thanks 1