Questions about the Carnival Insurance

Eli_6

Question 1: Is the carnival insurance not offered on Australian/Asia cruises to US residents?  I am about to finalize my booking for a Sydney to Singapore cruise and it is not offering me the option of insurance as far as I can tell.  

Question 2:  What does it cover?  I have a platinum amex that covers for free trip interruption, delay, etc. but it doesn't appear to cover any emergency medical or accidental bodily injury.  Does the carnival insurance cover this?  

Well, I can't seem to find anything about travel insurance on these Australian cruises so I ended up buying an online travel medical policy through nationwide and if I use Amex to pay for the entire trip, it will provide trip interuption so I guess I am just going to do that...

19 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I have a separate annual travel health policy.  It's $250 for both my husband and me. 

How do I get this annual pass 

Just now, Gari said:

How do I get this annual pass 

I found it through a general travel insurance agency website, but it's GeoBlue.  I am sure you can find it by Googling.

22 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Question 1: Is the carnival insurance not offered on Australian/Asia cruises to US residents?  I am about to finalize my booking for a Sydney to Singapore cruise and it is not offering me the option of insurance as far as I can tell.  

Question 2:  What does it cover?  I have a platinum amex that covers for free trip interruption, delay, etc. but it doesn't appear to cover any emergency medical or accidental bodily injury.  Does the carnival insurance cover this?  

So you have discovered that in fact your Amex Platinum does not include $200,000 in medical coverage.

Not to worry. Frequent travelers often pair credit card insurance with a medical only policy as an economical way to cover their trips. It can work as long as you understand that credit card insurance does not fully replace a comprehensive travel policy, and you are willing to assume the risk for the gaps in coverage.

Amex provides $10,000 per trip ($20,000 a year)  in cancellation/ interruption coverage. That gives you some protection unless you run afoul of the exclusions in the policy, or your total trip cost greatly exceeds the cap.

Whatever you bought from Nationwide surely is better than the $10,000 medical/ $30,000 evacuation in the Carnival policy, if it were available.

You may not have the coverage you thought you did with a premium card, but you do get other benefits like lounge access or hotel discounts.

If you go to Squaremouth.com - you can shop medical insurance covering interruption, etc...Rates are much better than the Carnival insurance and costs the same or less.

• Like 2