Deluxe Balconies

Posted (edited)

Anyone else have the problem of not being able to book a deluxe balcony on the
Enchanted?  Every deck I go into they are all guarantees, even tried booking one for 11/2025 and same thing.  Very frustrating.....am I doing something wrong?  Thanks!

Edited by Happy2cruise

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

Enchanted?  Every deck I go into they are all guarantees, even tried booking one for 11/2025 and same thing.  Very frustrating.....am I doing something wrong?  Thanks!

This has been a recurring issue for at least a year on their website…if only 2 are booking a Royal-class Deluxe balcony with a loveseat sized couch in a room that can accommodate 3 then it’s been guarantees only. Some through their TAs have managed to get a cabin assignment for this type of cabin with only 2 passengers booking it.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

Deluxe balconies hold 3 because the couch provides a third berth. Thus, to see actual cabins that are open one needs to say you have a party of three. At that point, options to get one are a hassle and may or may not work out.

One would be to look for open cabins you would want and then call to book. There may be resistance to them accepting booking but it can work sometimes. I did this for a July Enchanted and did get it after supervisor was checked.

Another that some have suggested is to book as 3 and then cancel one person later or to have the third be a no show. I have not done either and and can not state how it works in the end.

Also of note is that there have been reports of HAL and maybe Princess reserving the right to boot 2 out of a 3 person cabin later. Have not seen reports of it actually happening. I'm still in my 3 person July with only 2 people.

Note that others have been responding as I have been typing. Hope this isn't totally redundant.

Mike

• Like 1

This policy makes no sense because they don't refuse to book a couple in a regular cabin that holds four!    They are just hoarding Deluxe Balconies!

I was able to get a Deluxe Balcony by calling Princess.   The person I spoke to did it for me.

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

Just about every mainstream cruise line offers a love seat and cocktail table in every category room including interiors without having to book guarantee. I never sailed Princess for the accommodations as they are the worst of all of the lines.  I wonder if you can book with a fictional third person and then just cancel the 3rd person?

We are 2 people in a deluxe balcony.  But, when we booked it we were going to be a party of 3.  A few months after booking, the third person changed their mind and cancelled.  So we are still in the deluxe balcony, just two of us.  We are past final payment.  I am hoping to keep the cabin, but admit I am a bit concerned that Princess might bump us to a different cabin if a party of three wants to book.  

Ok this is going to get me to comment about this.

if someone wants a deluxe cabin and there’s two and you’re willing to pay for it then I’m going to complain to princess that’s not their business.

Its just not right princess does that.

• Thanks 1

I'm guessing that maybe Princess holds those cabins for 3 or 4 person bookings, then releases what is left for 2 people? I know that when we booked on the Enchanted in October for this past February, Deluxe Balcony Guarantees (DF) were the only category left for balconies (had just wanted a regular balcony). We ended up in a quad room (with bed in the ceiling, didn't bother us a bit) on Dolphin deck, with the big balcony. I'm not sure, but if the only way to book a Deluxe is with Guarantee, they would have to give you a refundable deposit?