Beds on either, Freedom, Icon or Oasis

We are planning a cruise on one of these ships.   This would be our second cruise with RC.   We did Navigator a couple of years ago and while we loved the cruise, we could not sleep in the beds.   Even my husband who can normally sleep anywhere couldn’t sleep.  It was so bad we were counting the days to get back home.    So question is, does anyone know if the beds on any of these ships are better.   On Navigator they were just so hard.   I was hoping that as Icon is newer the beds might be better?   Thanks so much

19 minutes ago, Johnny60 said:

So question is, does anyone know if the beds on any of these ships are better?

If bed comfort if a criterion for you, bring something to soften the bed - you can't count on a soft bed on any RCI ship.

You can also ask your cabin steward for a mattress topper...these work well since RCI doesn't offer the foam type any longer.

We live in Canada.   I am a wheelchair user so can only manage to bring one large suitcase with us .   We had thought of bringing a mattress topper, but a king mattress topper would be so big.   My only other thought was to purchase one from maybe Wal-Mart or somewhere.   Are you saying all RCL beds are hard?   Thanks 

Just now, Ashland said:

You can also ask your cabin steward for a mattress topper...these work well since RCI doesn't offer the foam type any longer.

We asked on Navigator but they didn’t have one.    Maybe have more luck on another ship?

We have inflatable pads and a small plug in blower(?).  It’s pretty small and lightweight.  I inflate it and slide it under the mattress pad.  I believe the brand is klymet, I got them on Amazon.  We’re on Mariner now and the bed is fine without it, but I’d rather have it packed and not use it than not have it and not be able to sleep.

• Thanks 1

I know this isn’t what you asked, but the beds on Grandeur of the Seas are excellent. I’m in an OV and I have no complaints. I don’t like firm mattresses.

• Thanks 1

We bought a queen memory foam topper. It's vacum packed and very compact. Fits in our somewhat large suitcase we are going to check. It's cylinder shaped. Also a fitted king sheet. We will leave the topper on the ship. It was 30.00 on Amazon.

• Thanks 1