Our Carnival Vista B2B - Havana Style - (with pics!) - 4/14/24

Patti is thirsty from her time on Half Moon Cay, so she heads to the Havana area where Jendra sets her up with a refreshing Mocha Chocolate Getaway…..

IMG_6178-XL.jpg

IMG_6179-XL.jpg

IMG_6180-XL.jpg

Here is the outside Havana Bar and menus…..

IMG_6185-XL.jpg

IMG_6182-XL.jpg

IMG_6183-XL.jpg

IMG_6177-XL.jpg

We hang out on our daybed for a while until we start feeling hungry. I go to the Deli for a couple of chili dogs and fries. Patti checks out the Salad Bar…..

IMG_6187-XL.jpg

IMG_6186-XL.jpg

IMG_6190-XL.jpg

IMG_6188-XL.jpg

IMG_6191-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17

Here is one of the several Beverage Stations in the Lido Marketplace…..

IMG_6192-XL.jpg

There are plenty of places to sit…..

IMG_6193-XL.jpg

Patti has a salad and some mac & cheese for lunch…..

IMG_6194-XL.jpg

We’re feeling sleepy so we head back to the cabin for a nap. I Gede has left us a new towel animal…..

IMG_6197-XL.jpg

Patti heads outside for our sail away from Half Moon Cay…..

IMG_6198-XL.jpg

IMG_6199-XL.jpg

IMG_6200-XL.jpg

IMG_6202-XL.jpg

IMG_6203-XL.jpg

IMG_6204-XL.jpg

IMG_6205-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17

There’s a Pickleball Tournament going on at the Sports Court…..

IMG_6210-XL.jpg

IMG_6209-XL.jpg

IMG_6208-XL.jpg

IMG_6207-XL.jpg

Patti goes up to watch the people on the Sky Ride and Ropes Course…..

IMG_6226-XL.jpg

IMG_6212-XL.jpg

IMG_6214-XL.jpg

IMG_6216-XL.jpg

IMG_6224-XL.jpg

IMG_6225-XL.jpg

IMG_6227-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

Patti checks out the Water Works and the Beach Pool…..

IMG_6228-XL.jpg

IMG_6231-XL.jpg

This is the smoking section on Deck 11 aft on the starboard side…..

IMG_6238-XL.jpg

The seas are nice and calm…..

IMG_6230-XL.jpg

Patti goes to the IMAX theater for the 5:30pm showing of “Civil War”. Afterwards, she meets me at the Lobby Bar for a couple of drinks…..

IMG_6242-XL.jpg

Here’s another beautiful Dreamscape…..

IMG_6240-XL.jpg

IMG_6241-XL.jpg

We decide to head up to the Lido Marketplace for dinner. Patti grabs some items from the buffet, and I get myself a pizza……

IMG_6243-XL.jpg

IMG_6244-XL.jpg

Afterwards, we grab some ice cream and head back to the cabin for the night.

Today’s Cheers count: Patti = 5, Jeff = 11. For the day (+4), for the cruise (+8).

Coming up next:  Our day in Grand Turk.

• Like 21

On 5/3/2024 at 12:59 PM, Jamman54 said:

Before I continue on with the nuts and bolts of this review, I want to tell everyone how proud I am of my wife Patti. What a trooper! Let me explain. After Patti retired from teaching, to keep busy, Patti went to work for Target. Her job is to shop for other people. Now what woman doesn’t like shopping! She loves the job even though it requires her to walk miles every day around the store. The positive was that it also helped her to lose quite a bit of weight. The negative was that her feet, which were never great to begin with, began to hurt her more, especially her right foot. Over time the pain got worse and worse. Her foot doctor recommended that she quit her job. Nope, that’s not happening!

Four years ago, she had had enough and had surgery on her right foot. Though it wasn’t 100% pain free, it was a lot better. She continued to work at Target, though with reduced hours, and continued to walk for miles on our cruises taking the pictures that both you and I love so much. Now since then the pain has increased in her left foot to the point that it is much worse than the right foot ever was. Having to walk “funny” is also giving her some back pain. During the last few cruises I told her to take it easy, and if we needed a shot to illustrate a point, we could use some of our many “stock” pictures. She was having none of that. So as I looked through the thousands of pictures that Patti took this trip, I wince when thinking about how painful each step was for her when taking them.

The good news is that on May 17th she will be having surgery on her left foot. We hope this will make her foot pain free, but realistically don’t think that will happen, but any improvement will be welcomed. Her foot doctor will again recommend that she quit Target. Nope, that’s not happening. Will she stop walking for miles taking pictures for us? Nope, that’s not happening either! That’s why I am so proud of Patti. Love you Babe! ♥️

I hope Patti’s foot recovers with surgery. Thank her even more for the many miles she puts on taking pictures for us to enjoy, any that we do!  Commentary is more than enough though.  

Just to clarify, I’m pretty sure you will not convince her to do something she doesn’t want to do. I’m not too different than she is. My husband always says in frustration that he knows I’m going to do what I’m going to do so he gives up. 😀

Really enjoy this as with all the others. Thanks to both!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Webecruzen said:

Beautiful pictures of Half Moon Cay. We have not been there in years!

I couldn't believe that it was six years since we had been there ourselves. Of course, Covid had a lot to do with it. :classic_cool: 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, ggooglyboogly said:

I dont see myself on Carnival until 2026 at the earliest (I am about to book my 2025 cruises on NCL), but I hope to run into you at a bar one day!  

It would be a pleasure! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

I hope Patti’s foot recovers with surgery. Thank her even more for the many miles she puts on taking pictures for us to enjoy, any that we do!  Commentary is more than enough though.  

Just to clarify, I’m pretty sure you will not convince her to do something she doesn’t want to do. I’m not too different than she is. My husband always says in frustration that he knows I’m going to do what I’m going to do so he gives up. 😀

Really enjoy this as with all the others. Thanks to both!

There's no telling Patti not to take pictures, as it's what she loves to do. She's just been doing it slower lately. She should be back to normal for our September cruises. :classic_cool:

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

If I can count, Patti's surgery will be in 10 days. I know both of you are looking forward to getting that done!

Absolutely! 😎

• Like 3

I Gede was fantastic on our cruise on the Vista. We didn't have many requests, but when we did he handled them promptly (like within 5 minutes) and always with a smile! 

Jendra (I think I spelled that right) was also at Havana bar some during our sailing. He was nice, but I had my favorite person there already by the time I saw him working. Man, I could use a Cuban Iced Tea right now!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

I Gede was fantastic on our cruise on the Vista. We didn't have many requests, but when we did he handled them promptly (like within 5 minutes) and always with a smile! 

Jendra (I think I spelled that right) was also at Havana bar some during our sailing. He was nice, but I had my favorite person there already by the time I saw him working. Man, I could use a Cuban Iced Tea right now!

Yes! The person that you had mentioned in your review was not at the Havana during our two weeks aboard. 😎

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti is thirsty from her time on Half Moon Cay, so she heads to the Havana area where Jendra sets her up with a refreshing Mocha Chocolate Getaway…..

IMG_6178-XL.jpg

IMG_6179-XL.jpg

IMG_6180-XL.jpg

Why does that look way better than any of the Mocha Chocolate Getaways that I've had 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mamiamjo said:

Why does that look way better than any of the Mocha Chocolate Getaways that I've had 😉

Simple. He knew that @Jamman54 was fixin to post it on Cruise Critic 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Agreed...I thought that is the best looking Mocha Chocolate Getaway that I have seen.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

Simple. He knew that @Jamman54 was fixin to post it on Cruise Critic 😉

21 minutes ago, xkritter said:

Agreed...I thought that is the best looking Mocha Chocolate Getaway that I have seen.

He liked Patti. 😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Day # 4- (April 17th) – Grand Turk (11am – 6pm). 

We were up at 6am for the day. It’s going to be another warm and sunny day. Since we will be stopping here on the next cruise, I am not getting off the ship today. Patti will be getting off the ship and taking pictures of the Beached Whale side and of the Shopping Plaza. That means she’ll have less to take pictures of next week……

IMG_6249-X2.jpg

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_6245-XL.jpg

IMG_6246-XL.jpg

IMG_6247-XL.jpg

I make my way to the Ocean Plaza Bar to see Setyo and get my morning coffee. I come back to the cabin to work on pictures for a while. I look up and see on the bow camera that we are approaching Grand Turk……

IMG_6250-XL.jpg

Patti and I make our way back to the Havana Area to watch us sail in…..

IMG_6251B-XL.jpg

IMG_6251C-XL.jpg

IMG_6251D-XL.jpg

IMG_6251E-XL.jpg

I’m going to hang out back here drinking Bloody Mary’s and talking to my peeps….

IMG_6251A-XL.jpg

I want to introduce you to Khim and Jerlyn. These great people take care of everything for the people in the Havana Area. They handle the towels, swab the decks, and bring frozen fruit to us throughout the day. Thanks guys!

IMG_6256-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 22

Posted (edited)

Patti stops back at the cabin before getting off the ship. The bow cam shows that we are now docked in Grand Turk and people are getting off the ship……

IMG_6251F-XL.jpg

These were our neighbors down the hall. Never did see who they were. Maybe they never left the cabin .…..:classic_biggrin:

IMG_6257-XL.jpg

As she is proceeding down to the gangway, she gets these shots of the Limelight Lounge on Deck 4 aft…..

IMG_6259-XL.jpg

IMG_6260-XL.jpg

IMG_6261-XL.jpg

IMG_6262-XL.jpg

IMG_6263-XL.jpg

IMG_6264-XL.jpg

IMG_6265-XL.jpg

IMG_6266-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 6
  • Haha 17

Continuing on Deck 4 moving forward is the Art Gallery…..

IMG_6269-XL.jpg

IMG_6272-XL.jpg

IMG_6273-XL.jpg

IMG_6274-XL.jpg

IMG_6275-XL.jpg 

A little further up is the Heroes Tribute Lounge which is the Sports Bar…..

IMG_6281-XL.jpg

IMG_6286-XL.jpg

IMG_6283-XL.jpg

IMG_6287-XL.jpg

IMG_6290-XL.jpg

IMG_6293-XL.jpg

Walking through the Atrium Patti catches another beautiful Dreamscape…..

IMG_6298-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

Patti is now off the ship…..

IMG_6303-XL.jpg

IMG_6305-XL.jpg

IMG_6306-XL.jpg

Over at the excursion pier a catamaran is loading up…..

IMG_6302-XL.jpg

This is the beach on the Beached Whale side of the pier….

IMG_6307-XL.jpg

This is the beach on the Margaritaville side of the pier…..

IMG_6309-XL.jpg

IMG_6310-XL.jpg

Patti is going to cover the Beached Whale side of the pier first. Massage or Hair Braiding anyone?

IMG_6314-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of views of the Beached Whale…..

IMG_6318-XL.jpg

IMG_6329-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

There are many loungers on this side, but they remain mostly empty because the beach here is extremely rocky…..

IMG_6330-XL.jpg

IMG_6327-XL.jpg

IMG_6333-XL.jpg

IMG_6319-XL.jpg

IMG_6324-XL.jpg

IMG_6331-XL.jpg

IMG_6332-XL.jpg

Here are some views of the Carnival Vista from the Beached Whale side…..

IMG_6323-XL.jpg

IMG_6335-XL.jpg

IMG_6334-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1