Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland

Does anyone know what time passengers without ship tours can get off the ship in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland. I need to meet family there and I need to know when they can meet us at the pier. It is a 7:00 am arrival. Thanks

24 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Does anyone know what time passengers without ship tours can get off the ship in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland. I need to meet family there and I need to know when they can meet us at the pier. It is a 7:00 am arrival. Thanks

As soon as your ship is cleared by port authorities.  Could be 7am if you are docked.

Again. . .  The ship could also be late.  Is this a tender port?  That could add as much as an hour or more.  As you Platinum or Elite?  If so you could tender quickly.

39 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Dun Laoghaire is a tender port, so if you don’t have a ship tour you will need to go to the lounge where tickets are being distributed. I would suggest getting there as early as they open up so you can be toward the front of the line. Elite passengers and those with Princess shore tours get priority for tendering, so if you don’t fall into one of those categories, you could be facing a bit of a wait so the earlier you can get to the lounge for your ticket the better. Your whole party will need to be with you in order to get the tickets. Then you wait in the lounge until they call your group. It’s hard to say how long this will take - depends on how close you are to the front of the line and how many priority passengers are departing early. 

Another point, the tender transit into Dun Laoghaire is the longest we have ever experienced - it is a good 30 minute boat ride. So you will need to factor that in as well. I would imagine, if the ship arrives on time and receives prompt clearance the tenders will start running immediately, but depending on your tender group you willl likely have at least a minimal wait time even if you are in an early group so I would not expect to be at the dock to meet your family until 8 - 8:30 am at earliest. 

Sometimes the first few tenders don't get enough to fill as they go before the first tour and those with the tickets don't show.

if it is one of the no Dart dates it is not clear what people will do.

Sunday Dart starts 9:20 should be less demand for early tenders.

If you are Elite loyalty status or are in a full suite you will have priority tender status. This means you will be able to get on board a tender fairly quickly after you arrive at the meeting location. Platinum loyalty status do not have priority tender service.

You will be advised on board regarding the timing and location to pick up your tender (water shuttle) tickets. It's one ticket per passenger. The entire group must be there. My experience is that one individual can not pick up tickets for an entire group.

Once tendering begins, most likely around 7:30 passengers on Princess tours go first. There may be extra space on these early tenders. It takes a few hours before the wait times are down to zero. I would think you might be ashore somewhere between 8:30 and 9am. Remember to look at the sign which indicates the time of the last tender back to the ship. You don't want to miss that. 

10 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Sometimes the first few tenders don't get enough to fill as they go before the first tour and those with the tickets don't show.

if it is one of the no Dart dates it is not clear what people will do.

Sunday Dart starts 9:20 should be less demand for early tenders.

This is our first time to Dun Laoghaire. Could you please explain how use the Dart from the cruise port. My husband will be in a wheelchair or using a Rollator. Do you think this will be a big problem?

I can't answer your Dart question. In case you are not aware. In order to board the tender you have to be able to walk some. The crew will assist you. You can't roll a wheelchair onto the tender and with the walker you must also be able to step onto the tender with assistance.  Most tenders have a few stairs to get to the seating which you have to be able to handle. The crew will load the wheelchair onto the tender and store it during the transit. Same with the walker.

This is what I have seen.  

7 minutes ago, sandancer said:

This is our first time to Dun Laoghaire. Could you please explain how use the Dart from the cruise port. My husband will be in a wheelchair or using a Rollator. Do you think this will be a big problem?

I don't know about access facilities at the stations.

Try

https://www.dublinpublictransport.ie/dublin-trains#:~:text=Nearly all DART stations provide,being Greystones%2C Killiney and Sutton.

10 minutes ago, skynight said:

I can't answer your Dart question. In case you are not aware. In order to board the tender you have to be able to walk some. The crew will assist you. You can't roll a wheelchair onto the tender and with the walker you must also be able to step onto the tender with assistance.  Most tenders have a few stairs to get to the seating which you have to be able to handle. The crew will load the wheelchair onto the tender and store it during the transit. Same with the walker.

This is what I have seen.  

Thanks. He will be able to board the tender. 

22 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

As soon as your ship is cleared by port authorities.  Could be 7am if you are docked.

Again. . .  The ship could also be late.  Is this a tender port?  That could add as much as an hour or more.  As you Platinum or Elite?  If so you could tender quickly.