Question about the $99 deposit in this weekends sale?

I haven’t been on the board in some time and have likely missed lots of discussions about recent changes and changes to benefits of booking with Princess cruises so I could have missed this. If so, I apologize but I did search and could not find recent info on deposits. 

This morning we received an email from Princess about a promo for this weekend only whereby select voyages require only a $99 deposit. I’ve search and searched and can’t find anything detailing whether this deposit is refundable in the event of a cancellation. Anyone know the answer?  By it not clearly stating it IS refundable I imagine I can guess the answer but perhaps not. 

Thanks

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I haven’t been on the board in some time and have likely missed lots of discussions about recent changes and changes to benefits of booking with Princess cruises so I could have missed this. If so, I apologize but I did search and could not find recent info on deposits. 

This morning we received an email from Princess about a promo for this weekend only whereby select voyages require only a $99 deposit. I’ve search and searched and can’t find anything detailing whether this deposit is refundable in the event of a cancellation. Anyone know the answer?  By it not clearly stating it IS refundable I imagine I can guess the answer but perhaps not. 

Thanks

If you do a mock booking up to the point where it shows the total price it shows the deposit as fully refundable.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

If you do a mock booking up to the point where it shows the total price it shows the deposit as fully refundable.

Wow you’re exactly correct. Thanks for the helpful reply. Usually the details like that are included in the promo offer so we didn’t go that far with booking at this point. 
Thanks again

39 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Wow you’re exactly correct. Thanks for the helpful reply. Usually the details like that are included in the promo offer so we didn’t go that far with booking at this point. 
Thanks again

Yes, and some show it as non refundable in the beginning of the booking, until you choose your cabin. Also, you can click on the “i” next to the $99 deposit and it should spell it out as a fully refundable deposit.

I booked one a couple of days ago, and verified it with my CVP.  🥴

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I go all the way to the payment page, and it’s a full deposit ($650 Can) required for a 2026 sailing.  

Not $99.  Even though the $99 deposit is advertised for this sailing. 
Is this something I need to call to book? We are new to Princess

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

I go all the way to the payment page, and it’s a full deposit ($650 Can) required for a 2026 sailing.  

Are you booking a suite? Deposit specials are sometimes restricted to other categories.

2 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Usually select categories and/or select voyages. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

My friends encountered similar situation when they booked a mini suite for the 2026 Sapphire Princess 15 days 8/19/26-9/3/26.  That sailing also advertised as $99 deposit, but when they booked, it asked for full $800 deposit.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No it’s not a suite. I used the chat feature to chat with an agent who said it’s not for 2026 sailings and would not apply it even though it’s advertised online.( little red flag by the price )  I sent a screen shot. Would not help at all. She said that’s why I couldn’t book online - it’s not applicable . I asked why it’s being advertised and got a blanket response . 

IMG_2965.jpeg

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

No it’s not a suite. I used the chat feature to chat with an agent who said it’s not for 2026 sailings and would not apply it even though it’s advertised online.( little red flag by the price )  I sent a screen shot. Would not help at all. She said that’s why I couldn’t book online - it’s not applicable . I asked why it’s being advertised and got a blanket response . 

IMG_2965.jpeg

Looks like a marketing IT problem on the website. I would say they’d better get it fixed quickly but based on your chat with Princess they don’t seem to care. 

Like I said I’m new to Princess and the agent did not help one bit. Didn’t offer to look into it or offer any apology for a website glitch. Good Customer service is a thing of the past I guess. I’m sure this is an offer that is advertised often? Or is this rare with Princess ( $99 deposit) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, son3cruisers said:

Like I said I’m new to Princess and the agent did not help one bit. Didn’t offer to look into it or offer any apology for a website glitch. Good Customer service is a thing of the past I guess. I’m sure this is an offer that is advertised often? Or is this rare with Princess ( $99 deposit) 

It is very common, in fact it’s been extended a few times. Sometimes they even have $1 deposits. Usually the PVP’S are better with customer service than this. Most if not all would at least offer an apology, for what little that might be worth. 

13 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

It is very common, in fact it’s been extended a few times. Sometimes they even have $1 deposits. Usually the PVP’S are better with customer service than this. Most if not all would at least offer an apology, for what little that might be worth. 

Just to follow up,

I did get on the phone to speak with an agent.

Much different experience. It is a glitch, she explained it, I wasn’t the only one with this issue - the previous sale is still listed online but didn’t apply to my sailing. That is why I couldn’t book online. She was a very courteous agent, very pleasant and helpful for someone new to Princess. So I guess I will wait. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just saw $400 OBC & $99 deposit in Instagram .

my Sky cruise went up by $500, per cabin &  I can get $400 OBC.

Edited by dog
  • Haha 2

Follow up #2 - Success 👍

I thought I would try again, as we all know  CS agents can vary.

Shout out to CS agent April, who was able to escalate the issue and grant the advertised deposit of $99. Fully refundable deposit for a 2026 cruise. 
Third time’s a charm I guess. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dog said:

Just saw $400 OBC & $99 deposit in Instagram .

my Sky cruise went up by $500, per cabin &  I can get $400 OBC.

Same for my Regal cruise that I just booked yesterday.  Yesterday $1964.  Today $2199 with $200 per person shipboard credit.  Some sale! 🤪

• Like 1

17 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Follow up #2 - Success 👍

I thought I would try again, as we all know  CS agents can vary.

Shout out to CS agent April, who was able to escalate the issue and grant the advertised deposit of $99. Fully refundable deposit for a 2026 cruise. 
Third time’s a charm I guess. 

Did you call again or use the chat?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Did you call again or use the chat?

I called. Spoke with an agent by the name of April. She gave me her extension as well as she said there were a few calls she encountered with the same issue. Very thorough as opposed to the other two agents that just blankly said it wasn’t doable. I will definitely be contacting her if we book another cruise. 
Booking agent - April @ extension #11911

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Has anyone else had luck getting the $99 deposits on Grand Princess from San Juan in 2025-2026?  As the OP stated, on the Princess website the current $99 deposit is indicated for these cruises.  When you click all the way through the reservation, it indicates an $800 deposit is due at booking.  I was hoping this was a glitch and would be fixed by now to take advantage of the $99 deposit. 

40 minutes ago, coldweather said:

Has anyone else had luck getting the $99 deposits on Grand Princess from San Juan in 2025-2026?  As the OP stated, on the Princess website the current $99 deposit is indicated for these cruises.  When you click all the way through the reservation, it indicates an $800 deposit is due at booking.  I was hoping this was a glitch and would be fixed by now to take advantage of the $99 deposit. 

I was getting $100 deposit through my TA. I don't know if my agent was having $100 booking deposit specials or what but that is what mine came to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldweather said:

Maybe try the agent's extension I posted.

Her guess was that that particular cruise ( 2026 San Juan including Barbados) was a new addition to the website and sometimes it takes a while for IT to catch up . She was able to grant the deposit. 

• Like 1