Live-ish from our Sun Princess 21 day round trip Barcelona adventure.

Greetings! We will have a couple of days in Athens prior to sailing and a couple in Barcelona post sailing. Trying to figure out what electrical converter(s) we need for basic appliances at a typical hotel in both places. Looks like Sun is not an issue with 120V current available in rooms? Please confirm. Also, any experience with Barcelona and/or Athens typical hotel current would be appreciated. (from transplanted Missouri natives living in Ga!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoveOurBalcony said:

Greetings! We will have a couple of days in Athens prior to sailing and a couple in Barcelona post sailing. Trying to figure out what electrical converter(s) we need for basic appliances at a typical hotel in both places. Looks like Sun is not an issue with 120V current available in rooms? Please confirm. Also, any experience with Barcelona and/or Athens typical hotel current would be appreciated. (from transplanted Missouri natives living in Ga!)

First of all, congratulations and happy sailing! For both Athens and Greece, you’ll need a Type F adaptor. Princess is equipped with both American and Type F outlets, in addition to four USB and four USB-C outlets.

18 hours ago, bnickle said:

First of all, congratulations and happy sailing! For both Athens and Greece, you’ll need a Type F adaptor. Princess is equipped with both American and Type F outlets, in addition to four USB and four USB-C outlets.

Thank you! Looks like we are all set to sail 🙂 Safe travels.

Question for those of you who have a single booking on a multi-week sailing (multiple segments) and also have the Premier Package.

Do you get two specialty dinners for each segment or is it just two for the entire booking?

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Question for those of you who have a single booking on a multi-week sailing (multiple segments) and also have the Premier Package.

Do you get two specialty dinners for each segment or is it just two for the entire booking?

Two for the entire booking.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Not what I wanted to hear but thank you.

If you book as separate segments they should repeat for each one. You might also get a better price and more OBC so it’s worth looking into. 

• Like 1

Loving your report and attitude overall!
We set sail on the 1st and also got a Cabana Mini suite upgrade yesterday but are at the end not in the open gated area. Didn't realize that non open air cabanas were a thing when I bid. But im sure it will be lovely.

the ever burning questions can you stroll by park 19 and see if slides splash pad or even (big wish) the ropes are open a a few times this and next week and post? 
we are bringing our 4 yr old who is going to lose her mind if she can't slide on one she can see and id like to be able to use some of the 10 hour flight to prepare her for that..

Hi @bnickle

Would you be able to tell me where I can get a fresh squeezed orange juice in the mornings please?

I hope you are enjoying your cruise. I can see you are in Genoa today, but doesn't look very sunny!

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@Jemnibabe02 here’s a menu posted. Not sure if it’s current or not. Perhaps someone that is currently onboard will post an updated one if this is not.IMG_9933.thumb.jpeg.c25fdbd4e9efc727adabb84086fea500.jpeg

Thanks for posting the menu. sure hope it changes by sept.  lolol

On 5/16/2024 at 2:28 PM, Esprit said:

Hi @bnickle

Would you be able to tell me where I can get a fresh squeezed orange juice in the mornings please?

I hope you are enjoying your cruise. I can see you are in Genoa today, but doesn't look very sunny!

AFAIK you can’t. I’m Suite, and not even Signature restaurant has this. Big disappointment. 

On 5/16/2024 at 9:17 PM, arizonaperson said:

@Jemnibabe02 here’s a menu posted. Not sure if it’s current or not. Perhaps someone that is currently onboard will post an updated one if this is not.IMG_9933.thumb.jpeg.c25fdbd4e9efc727adabb84086fea500.jpeg

This is current. I was there two days ago. 

Hi Brenda, thanks for your posts! They've been very informative so far.

My flight leaves in just under 6 days—my BFF and I will be hopping aboard in Athens next Saturday! Hope to meet you around the ship sometime.

Thank you @bnickle for sharing with us part of your European adventures!

we’re sailing on 6/15 from Athens. Was wondering if you booked your excursions via princess or outside vendor. Please share your experiences and whether they met your expectations! 
looking forward to read more about your journey!