Green Lane

Have completed everything required before our Alaska cruise.

We have a Penthouse Suite. It says the only thing we need to get into the green lane is to have our medallions shipped to our home, otherwise we stay in the blue lane.

When trying to do that, it says that shipping to our home is NOT an option....(?)

We have done other Princess cruises where that was not a problem.

Are we just destined to remain in the blue lane    :O)

Posted (edited)

Is shipping not an option because you are too close to sailing date?  If that’s not the case then it’s a glitch.  You can close the app, log in again and try to order them again and see if it goes through or sometimes you have to add the home address again manually. If that still doesn’t work call Princess (or your TA) and see if they can get it to go through.

all that said, if you have to pick up your medallions at the terminal it doesn’t add that much time since you already have everything else done ( maybe 5-10 minutes depending on how busy the blue lane is when you arrive). 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

ll that said, if you have to pick up your medallions at the terminal it doesn’t add that much time since you already have everything else done ( maybe 5-10 minutes depending on how busy the blue lane is when you arrive).

I'm seconding this comment.

I was blue lane a few weeks ago after being green lane in the past.  The difference was almost imperceptible with regard to waiting times.

2 hours ago, StrawberryHill said:

It might depend upon where you live ?   I dont think they ship outside the US ???   As was said above, it only adds a couple of minutes of time in the boarding process.

They only ship to US and Canadian addresses. If your cruise is in the next few weeks it is too late to get them mailed and must be picked up at embarkation.  The type of cabin makes no difference

We had trouble trying to order our medallions in the app but we had no trouble ordering them using the "web version" that is in cruise personalizer on the Princess website. I have attached a screen shot that shows how to get to the "web version" if you want to give it a try. I hope this helps!

webversion.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 9:22 PM, StrawberryHill said:

It might depend upon where you live ?   I dont think they ship outside the US ???   As was said above, it only adds a couple of minutes of time in the boarding process.

You are correct. In the UK collection of the medallions only takes place in port. I do believe however that dependant on what level of tier you have reached, we are Elite (Not personally, you understand) boarding is prioritised. Although we are Caribbean tier with P&O and that didn't make any difference last year as the ship was late into port and it was every person for themselves on check in.

Posted (edited)

On the last few cruises we were on if you went into the app you could see straight away what colour lane you were in, but for our upcoming cruise in a month I can't even find where it tells you which lane you are in. Using the new app now so if anyone can tell me where to find it it will be much appreciated. 

Editing, I think I have found it now thanks. 

Edited by amajaa

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, amajaa said:

On the last few cruises we were on if you went into the app you could see straight away what colour lane you were in, but for our upcoming cruise in a month I can't even find where it tells you which lane you are in. Using the new app now so if anyone can tell me where to find it it will be much appreciated. 

Editing, I think I have found it now thanks. 

On the app home screen you should see "All Set!". You should see a green check mark if you've completed all the 7 requirements. Tap on that screen. Next screen, scroll down until you see your name(s). You should have green check marks and "Ready to Sail". Also if all 7 requirements are checked off (green check marks) under Travel Checklist you are green lane.  

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 1