Booking next cruise while on board

9 hours ago, mauibabes said:

what the sales goals are like.

Which, I suppose, will effect the level of discount being offered and why it might change during a cruise. If sales are going well on that cruise, I can see why the discount might be reduced as the days go by and, in a converse situation, increased. 

11 hours ago, osandomir said:

I’ve been following that thread and noticed that you advocated for another person. Sorry he wasn’t successful. I’d suggest that he needs a new TA. We have an excellent one who is always persistent with O and gets us the best possible results.

are you on any sailings that we may have in common...

our next one coming up is Sept 14, alaska, then it is feb 19, may 1....

johthomas100z@gmail.com

10 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

But, that’s why Book Onboard (which might be done a year or two prior to embarkation) has so much added value. Just yesterday, I used the price drop match guarantee (due to the O “flash sale”) for a cruise booked many months ago.

Was the cruise you refared after final payment ?

11 hours ago, Harters said:

Which, I suppose, will affect the level of discount being offered and why it might change during a cruise. If sales are going well on that cruise, I can see why the discount might be reduced as the days go by and, in a converse situation, increased. 

I believe it doesn’t work like that. The onboard booking promotion is a fleet wide. It changes from time to time but not specific to the particular cruise you’re onboard at the moment. You can get the same discount even if you aren’t on board but have a cruise coming within the 30 days time frame.

1 hour ago, osandomir said:

I believe it doesn’t work like that

Not dynamic "pricing" then. I'd assumed that O's system would be as responsive as many hotels.  So, just co-incidence that, as mentioned upthread,  discount levels have changed during someone's cruise. 

14 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Was the cruise you refared after final payment ?

This one is prior to final pay. But, the “price drop match” is good up until day of embark (as long as their is cabin availability in your cabin class.

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

This one is prior to final pay. But, the “price drop match” is good up until day of embark (as long as their is cabin availability in your cabin class.

Thanks.

Yes, I also refared last week getting the new sale price (prior to final payment).

That booking was just a normal booking, not a book onboard one.

Have you recently ( last 18 months) received the actual sale price $ reduction on a book onboard booking which is after final payment.

I think you'll find that the SBC offered by the Ambassador  is either $250 if you book a cruise, and $100 if you purchase a Future Cruise Deposit Certificate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfguyhhi said:

I think you'll find that the SBC offered by the Ambassador  is either $250 if you book a cruise, and $100 if you purchase a Future Cruise Deposit Certificate.

That's my understanding, but some people think differently. A couple of them do know what they're talking about, some others might be operating from confusion. So at this point I'll just say I'll have to see when I'm onboard. 

I have a cruise that I booked onboard that was in the current upgrade sale, but no need to re-fare as my price was lower already than the sale price.