*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I hear you, my nice weather ride is a 2008 Saab 93 convertible. I absolutely love it. 100K issue free miles. I was heartbroken when Saab shut down

You are/were at the top of the “cool” hill with a 900 ‘vert.  

Had a mid ‘80s 900 16v that was ratty.   But it was fun.

Such cool, innovative cars! 

Couldn’t believe…

A)  GM bought them

B)  GM totally mismanaged them

I keep hearing there’s a warehouse in the EU somewhere that is just filled with brand new SAABs.  

Not sure I believe that but have seen old shuttered dealerships with new cars sitting in old showrooms untouched!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

First new car I owned was a 1969 Saab 96. Now that was an odd duck with a column-mounted stick and "freewheel" drive train...but at least they had upgraded the engine from the old Saab two banger to a more normal 4 cycle automobile engine.

Great advertising slogan too: "Made by trolls in Trollhattan" .

Edited by njhorseman
  • Haha 2

Well, it's June.  And looking forward a week and a half...

Bermuda’s Weather in June

As air temps reach an average of 81℉ (27℃), and water temps reach 78℉ (26℃), beach season is truly upon us. It’s a time when Bermudians flock to the water for their obligatory raft-ups, frosty beverages in hand.
Best for: Exploring Beaches, Summer Fridays, Scuba Diving, Snorkelling, Cliff Jumping, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Sunset Cruises, Sailing, Boat Rentals, Hiking, and Harbour Nights
Top events: Marion to Bermuda Race (every other year), Bermuda Carnival, Newport Bermuda Race
Bonus: It’s a good time to take a glow worm cruise in search of Bermuda’s bioluminescent life.

image.thumb.png.f2b5b9b257ff2bafafd491bfa01b423f.png

• Like 5

19 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Funny, every person I've ever seen driving a Corvette has had trouble getting in and/or out of it, not because it's an ergonomic catastrophe, but because they are way older when they first dreamt of buying one.  

Don't forget the old man grunting and groaning. Speaking from experience.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, graphicguy said:

You are/were at the top of the “cool” hill with a 900 ‘vert.  

Had a mid ‘80s 900 16v that was ratty.   But it was fun.

Couldn’t believe…

A)  GM bought them

B)  GM totally mismanaged them

I keep hearing there’s a warehouse in the EU somewhere that is just filled with brand new SAABs.  

Not sure I believe that but have seen old shuttered dealerships with new cars sitting in old showrooms untouched!

A few weeks ago I went to look at 2010 93 Areo with 16K miles on it at a dealership here in PA that specializes in Saab's. It was dam near mint condition. They were asking 25K which was behind my budget for that car.

My 2008...

IMG_6238.JPG

IMG_6243.JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

A few weeks ago I went to look at 2010 93 Areo with 16K miles on it at a dealership here in PA that specializes in Saab's. It was dam near mint condition. They were asking 25K which was behind my budget for that car.

My 2008...

IMG_6238.JPG

IMG_6243.JPG

Oh WOW...that's the shiznit!!!!!!  Very nice!

Before my S6, I had the S4....my '98 Cobra convertible. who I bought from a Ford Engineer (transmission plant locally) who bought it new for his 60th birthday.  Only had 38K miles on it.

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_1735.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Oh WOW...that's the shiznit!!!!!!  Very nice!

Before my S6, I had the S4....my '98 Cobra convertible. who I bought from a Ford Engineer (transmission plant locally) who bought it new for his 60th birthday.  Only had 38K miles on it.

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_1735.jpeg

Quick story of my teens. A family friend, a wealthy family friend owned a wholesale auto dealership. I worked for him for 5 summers 82-87 in HS and college. We went around to car auctions buy cars, detailing them and moving them out. Dave the owner had a stable of vintage race cars. On the weekends he would race at tracks like Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Mid Ohio. Not only did I get to drive at these tracks he paid for some race classes. It was a freaking blast. One of the perks of the job was I got a car to use 7 days a week. I drove everything from pickups to Triumphs and everything in-between. At that time he had about a dozen cars in his collection. My favorite was his 1969 Lamborghini Miura with a V12 side winder engine its still the most beautiful car I have ever seen. I always joked to him about how he was going to leave me that car when he passed. I never did get the car but in those four years I learned a huge amount about cars and have had a blast. I was also the envy of every single one of my guy friends. I made a point of getting a photo of myself next to every cool car I drove. I one point I had over 100 pictures. Unfortunately those pictures were lost in a fire in college. I saw a 69 Miura go up for sale last year, it sold for 1.4M

Now back to the cruise......

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

@Laszlo...what a great recollection.  I'm in my 60s and jealous.

Closest I've ever come to an Italian Super Car was at a dealership in downtown Chicago, who specializes in high end vehicle sales.  They had a Dino Ferrari roped off, but I got to see it up close....beautiful.

Over the years, the more interesting cars I've owned the '60s cars were junkers, which I learned how to bust my knuckles on)....

-'69 MGB GT

-'66 Dodge Charger with a 383

-'11 BMW M3

-the afore mentioned Audi S4 (in the pic) and S6

-'98 Cobra Mustang Convertible (in the pic)

-'08 Acura TL Type-S

I've become much more mundane over the years, until the most recent EV, which I'm still getting used to.  LOL!

@Sugar Magnolia...how's that for guy talk?  We're really getting into the weeds, now! 😉

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

@Sugar Magnolia...how's that for guy talk?  We're really getting into the weeds, now! 😉

It amuses me. The testosterone is just oozing off this thread. It's only a matter of time when you morph into conversations about barbeque grills.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

It's only a matter of time when you morph into conversations about barbeque grills.

Not from me. Mrs. Schmoopie does all the grilling. If I ever grilled something, you wouldn't want to eat it.

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

It amuses me. The testosterone is just oozing off this thread. It's only a matter of time when you morph into conversations about barbeque grills.

I feel my mullet growing as I type this......

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Image 2.jpeg

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Impressive...you were able to combine the testosterone fueled topics of big wheeled apparatuses with barbeque grills. Nice transition. You are the Master Sensei.

Image 3.jpeg

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

She sees me packing.  She is not happy!!!!😃 

IMG_3403.jpeg

Just did our online check in for our cruise in three weeks. I think this is the first time our photos uploaded without a hitch. Last cruise I must have spent a half hour trying to get them to work (same photos as the cruise before). Finally worked, we arrived at the pier to check in and get our cabin cards. The woman said we need to take your photos again. I wanted to say no you are not I spent a half hour doing and you are using them Lol

I watched the safety video, I wonder how many emails we will get to watch it again, and again lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Just did our online check in for our cruise in three weeks. I think this is the first time our photos uploaded without a hitch. Last cruise I must have spent a half hour trying to get them to work (same photos as the cruise before). Finally worked, we arrived at the pier to check in and get our cabin cards. The woman said we need to take your photos again. I wanted to say no you are not I spent a half hour doing and you are using them Lol

I watched the safety video, I wonder how many emails we will get to watch it again, and again lol

Interesting point.  Come to think of it, this is the first time my photo uploaded without a hitch when I checked in, either.  At least one thing is working on the NCL WEB site. 😉

I figure I've watched the safety video once.  Probably hit me up again the day before the cruise.  Hit me up again once I board and get to my cabin.  That's the very least.  Could be 2X that.  LOL!

You have to be getting suited, too!

• Like 1