*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

3 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

It was a commando mission. Walk in, grab a plate, get 2 cookies and back to my cabin with my bounty. I have 5:15 dinner in Ocean Blue so will save these for a bedtime snack.

I used the same tactic. Very focused mission. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Daily cookies at the Observation Lounge

Mission accomplished, congrats in finding them.  Still serving what's been advertised as afternoon tea in the OL ??  

BTW, single supplement dropped again for late July's Joy sailing and inventory of unsold cabins across several categories, including balconies ... that's odd for the single ship in the competitive NY market.  

2 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Mission accomplished, congrats in finding them.  Still serving what's been advertised as afternoon tea in the OL ??  

BTW, single supplement dropped again for late July's Joy sailing and inventory of unsold cabins across several categories, including balconies ... that's odd for the single ship in the competitive NY market.  

Everyone has read this highly informative thread about how loud this cruise has been on the Joy…the eclectic and the colorful…

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Still serving what's been advertised as afternoon tea in the OL ??  

In the Freestyle Daily it is listed as Snacks in the OL from 2:30 to 5:00. No high tea like what you will experience on Cunard. Hope your tux is back from the cleaners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So @graphicguyand @Sugar Magnolia we need to have our own solo meet up, preferably tonight, if you can squeeze it into your busy schedules. I am going to Wheel of Fortune at 7:30, just because, and the 80s dance party to relive the days when I was young and beautiful. It seems like Malting's is pretty quiet every time I walk by but am up to meeting anywhere. Let me know what works for the two of you. I know we don't like to publicize our whereabouts too much, to avoid the paparazzi, but am willing to make this exception. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, debenson0723 said:

So @graphicguyand @Sugar Magnolia we need to have our own solo meet up, preferably tonight, if you can squeeze it into your busy schedules. I am going to Wheel of Fortune at 7:30, just because, and the 80s dance party to relive the days when I was young and beautiful. It seems like Malting's is pretty quiet every time I walk by but am up to meeting anywhere. Let me know what works for the two of you. I know we don't like to publicize our whereabouts too much, to avoid the paparazzi, but am willing to make this exception. 

My dance card is free tonight so just send me some smoke signals as to where and when. My people are on top of the paparazzi matter so no worries. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I’ve got Cagney’s at 7.  Open before, after, or during given I’ve got a dinner for one other on my Latitudes.  Heck, i’ll use my FAS coupon and cover you, your travel companion SM and me of y’all want!

Heck, meet at Cavern Club outside right now!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’ve got Cagney’s at 7.  Open before, after, or during given I’ve got a dinner for one other on my Latitudes.  Heck, i’ll use my FAS coupon and cover you, your travel companion SM and me of y’all want!

Happy to join you at Cagney’s at 7, though I am still full from cookies and pigs in a blanket. I’ve been a bad girl. 

• Haha 9

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I am on my way to dinner now but that is very generous of you. What's say 9pm at Maltings? Or pick another place...I'm easy (but not cheap).

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Beautiful day in Bermuda, wondering if someone should warn @bluesea777 that you are in route

image.png.280bfad42cb0dbda9a10bc4661436f03.png

Looks like your wingman is still there

image.png.c23d62785bbecc65deb6bdef321dc343.png

Windy still has you making it in thru the obstacle course

image.thumb.png.9a408607e9bef260caa4d4a1192209c5.png

Actually I’m on the STAR sailing in CALM seas enroute to Akureyri Iceland from Longyearbyen Svalbard! Fantastic cruise so far all way from Tromsø Norway. 

But we have friends housesitting for us and they have been having good weather albeit some rain. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Happy to join you at Cagney’s at 7, though I am still full from cookies and pigs in a blanket. I’ve been a bad girl. 

Cagney’s it is!  Meet at hostess desk!

@debenson0723…meet at Maltings…9!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I would do this except I am concerned that my phone won’t recognize my new youthful face and shut me out. Or worse, the TSA face scanners won’t work and I am led to a private room to be interrogated why my face looks decades younger than my passport photo. 

IMG_5950.thumb.jpeg.ee614cec6448ff15926766bf7c562a8c.jpeg

I have no idea what any of that is or does.  Am I a Neanderthal?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I hope the winds in Bermuda die down for you guys. I was at work this afternoon with some free time before leaving at was watching the Bermuda live cam. It took the Gem about 15 minutes to pull away from the pier, when it got a little off a tug had to run around her bow to the port side to push it off 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I hope the winds in Bermuda die down for you guys. I was at work this afternoon with some free time before leaving at was watching the Bermuda live cam. It took the Gem about 15 minutes to pull away from the pier, when it got a little off a tug had to run around her bow to the port side to push it off 

I spent the afternoon on my balcony.  It was pretty breezy and a little chop.  We dock @ 8:00.  

This is our view now…

And weather outlook….

IMG_3710.png

IMG_3711.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I spent the afternoon on my balcony.  It was pretty breezy and a little chop.  We dock @ 8:00.  

This is our view now…

And weather outlook….

IMG_3710.png

IMG_3711.png

I never checked the wind speed but the winds were blowing pretty good. If they keep up I won't be flying my drone Lol

448678238_10229430172836292_22700141976428238_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I don’t know either. Frankly it all sounds painful. 😖 

I am surprised to see injectible cosmeceuticals on a ship.  I don't have problem with "having work done," but there is no way in hell I would let some rando on a boat inject anything into my body that wasn't at the very least a nurse practioner...the non-invasive stuff is fine.  Oy.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I just had security come to my cabin. I will let you take guesses as to why...

Spending too much time in the cabin. They were checking on your well being. Or they heard you were meeting Graphic guy and wanted to warn you that his knees are mesmerizing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Mommapadraig said:

Spending too much time in the cabin. They were checking on your well being. Or they heard you were meeting Graphic guy and wanted to warn you that his knees are mesmerizing. 

Both very good answers 👌 but the truth isn't near as exciting. I couldn't get my safe open so I had to go to dinner without my jewels.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Both very good answers 👌 but the truth isn't near as exciting. I couldn't get my safe open so I had to go to dinner without my jewels.

We’re on our way!  be there in a few!

• Like 1

For all the baseball history buffs on your cruise, the announcers doing the Seattle Mariners/Cleveland Guardians have just announced that San Francisco great Willie Mays has died at the age of 93.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4