*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

9 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Nice snapshot from "Elements" and how was FR earlier.  That's a pretty packed pool deck full of party animals rocking along while Joy is speeding again at 20 kn.  Look ahead, port side is the Liberty of the Seas coming toward Bermuda, about 10 km apart.  Should be a smooth & calm ride toward NY until late tomorrow when sea state changed to moderate w a bit of rocking & rolling, continue to party away & shouldn't notice anything.  CruiseMapper showing ETA of 6:00 arrival into NY on early Sunday morning - a high of 96 deg F expected by mid/late day ... sure you wanna to disembark ?? 

"Cooler" now in NYC, not as humid - expecting heavy t-storm activities around midnight and ConEd just alerted to voltage reduction due to heavy demand.  Our area included in the caution neighborhood, generally we don't have outage ... check backup system in case Station Zebra has to switch to Plan B to stay on the air, LOL.  But, more worried late afternoon reclined in the dentist chair doing the procedures but made it, LOL.   

Food Republic was really good!  WAY TOO MUCH FOOD…even for two hungry people.  Service was quick!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

“I want to sit here…gimme a coke….I want juice…”stomp….stomp…stomp!!!!!

“let daddy get his drink on…go jump on the couches….”

IMG_3842.jpeg

Wow!  For a sec there I thought that was Shirley Temple ordering a Shirley Temple...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Was unable to access the video so will have to wait until tomorrow. Hope it’s not something I will regret opening. 

May regret being associated with me….😉

• Haha 7

Was the Observation Lounge (OL) reduced in size when the Joy went into Dry Dock this year?

The OL was on both sides, Port & Starboard. I read somewhere it was reduced due to NCL adding more cabins on that Deck.

TIA

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well…we’re steaming back!!!

Good morning now that you are on EDT again, what's for lunch ahead ? 

That's steaming on 3 engines  😁 😁 for on-time arrival.  Celebrity Eclipse leading the way, ahead port side (not sure if you can see her) winning the race at 21 kn, per CruiseMapper tracking, Joy at 16 kn - ETA for both is 06:00 tomorrow.  MSC's Mera heading toward NY's Brooklyn Red Hook, ETA 05:00 - you probably won't spot her being port side. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Was the Observation Lounge (OL) reduced in size when the Joy went into Dry Dock this year?

The OL was on both sides, Port & Starboard. I read somewhere it was reduced due to NCL adding more cabins on that Deck.

TIA

Yes more cabins were added to the port side where part of OL used to be. Starbucks is still in the OL. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well…didn’t known napkin folding was a “thing”!  I get mine out of metal containers!!!!

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

It’s a shame you missed the animal balloons. I know how much you were looking forward to that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Oxo said:

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

Yes more cabins were added to the port side where part of OL used to be. Starbucks is still in the OL. 

I haven't seen it full yet. This morning there were loungers available in the front. Still bigger than Prima and Viva

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I think it helps that many are able to sit outside for this cruise so that the OL is not as crowded. The thermal suite has also been half empty this week. It’s been a nice respite from the screamers. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I think it helps that many are able to sit outside for this cruise so that the OL is not as crowded. The thermal suite has also been half empty this week. It’s been a nice respite from the screamers. 

We didn't get the thermal suite pass when we were on as I was afraid I'd be disappointed without the larger pool.  The only thing that seemed interesting to me was the aroma-therapy pods.  Did you try them out?  And if so, how were they?

27 minutes ago, goldmom said:

We didn't get the thermal suite pass when we were on as I was afraid I'd be disappointed without the larger pool.  The only thing that seemed interesting to me was the aroma-therapy pods.  Did you try them out?  And if so, how were they?

I did try the pod but it did not do anything for me. I did not sense any aromatherapy. The sounds from the pod were competing with the loud space age music playing in the thermal suite. The pod bed changes colors but I did not understand the point if I am supposed to relax and close my eyes. The bed was not really vibrating but rather gently rocking, similar to the movement of the ship. I might give it another try…it takes 25 minutes for the whole experience. 

IMG_5913.thumb.jpeg.9ce55d4fb10402ce98111424e2da5dde.jpeg

IMG_5915.thumb.jpeg.85674f11af7d2347c99c366239cb2b56.jpeg

IMG_5916.thumb.jpeg.997dcb2a3cd778a95359b5854daeac27.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I did try the pod but it did not do anything for me. I did not sense any aromatherapy. The sounds from the pod were competing with the loud space age music playing in the thermal suite. The pod bed changes colors but I did not understand the point if I am supposed to relax and close my eyes. The bed was not really vibrating but rather gently rocking, similar to the movement of the ship. I might give it another try…it takes 25 minutes for the whole experience. 

IMG_5913.thumb.jpeg.9ce55d4fb10402ce98111424e2da5dde.jpeg

IMG_5915.thumb.jpeg.85674f11af7d2347c99c366239cb2b56.jpeg

IMG_5916.thumb.jpeg.997dcb2a3cd778a95359b5854daeac27.jpeg

After a session, come show us how it changed you!  That looks like some serious DNA restructuring pods!

• Haha 5