Drink Package out of Galveston

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, persy said:

Are you able to use you drink Package as soon as you board the Harmony?

Yes, though you may have a limited selection till out at sea.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

The only alcohol they will provide with the drink package while in Texas state waters is a small selection that isn't additionally taxed by the state of Texas. All non-alcoholic drinks should be available right away.

4 hours ago, persy said:

thanks, that’s the answer I was looking for.

This should give you an idea of what libations will be served before reaching Intrrnational waters. The selections do change from time to time.

Texas Limited Bar Menu.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Shiner Bock is on the menu when in Texas waters.

Never saw it when departing Galveston, hope they got smart!

1 hour ago, footzz said:

This should give you an idea of what libations will be served before reaching Intrrnational waters. The selections do change from time to time.

Thanks for posting.  I know what I will be drinking in 7 days.  🙂 

7 hours ago, footzz said:

Looks like they improved the list from my last sailing 

On 5/12/2024 at 2:40 PM, txjim09 said:

Never saw it when departing Galveston, hope they got smart!

Been sailing out of Galveston for several years and, while not my beer of choice it was always availible on the first day on every ship we sailed on. 

Thanks for the drink menu, we have a group of friends who will be delighted to see this. This is why I love Cruise Critic!

On 5/12/2024 at 5:03 PM, Xtentions said:

sailed out of Galveston on Harmony in Dec of 2023 and Shiner was only available while in TX waters.  I asked for one a day or two in and they said no.

Since the only alcohol they can sell must have Texas tax stamps, my guess is that they didn't want to deplete the onboard stock after leaving Texas waters.

14 hours ago, LeeW said:

Since the only alcohol they can sell must have Texas tax stamps, my guess is that they didn't want to deplete the onboard stock after leaving Texas waters.

I was sitting in the English pub one night when they stared to remove the Shiner from the shelves on Night One. I asked why & he said they can only sell in while in Texas water but didn't offer up a reason. He did allow me to take a few bottles back to my room before all the bottles were put away for the rest of the cruise.

On 5/12/2024 at 2:15 PM, footzz said:

That's a very good start!! 🍹😀

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was sitting in the English pub one night when they stared to remove the Shiner from the shelves on Night One. I asked why & he said they can only sell in while in Texas water but didn't offer up a reason...

The reason they remove the Texas Liqour after they leave Texas waters is to save for the next cruise, (Texas taxes are more expensive than what they buy in bulk for international waters).  Interestingly if you ever sail on a ships last cruise before relocation out of Galveston they will leave that Texas taxed stuff out.

• Thanks 1