Family Connected Junior Suite

Hello! We booked one of those Family Connected Junior Suites going to Alaska this summer. The last time we were on Anthem we wondered about those weird cabins mid-ship that looked like 3 cabins together. Then last year, when we decided to plan another cruise for this coming Summer, I called RC on a lark and they happened to have all 3 adjoining cabins on Quantum available at the time we were looking, so we snagged them.

I see very little info on these here, so I am wondering if anyone has ever booked those 3 cabins together. My reservations are for the three separate rooms (JS, Balcony, Interior) with no mention that they are a suite, but I suppose that makes sense, since they can be sold separately.

My main question: when it comes time to check in, can I check in all 3 rooms at once? My wife and I are in the suite and our older kids (one of whom is over 18) are in the Balcony room, and we have one younger kid in the interior room. (We had originally planned to have more people, but they backed out, so that one kid is looking forward to having their own room!) In the reservations, I can only see the interior room as specifically "linked" to the JS. We haven't been on any cruises since the Pandemic but those times the kids were younger so of course we checked them all in at once, and I'm not sure how they handle families that have kids who are over 18 but not yet 21.

I'm also assuming that we can all board with whatever access the Junior Suite gives us.

These rooms seem to occupy a weird space where they are considered connected for some things, but not others. I probably should have done more research up front, but I was so thrilled to get the rooms when I called. Please let me know if you have any advice on these, now that we have the rooms. Thank you!

We had the Junior Suite room on Anthem but checked out the interior room right outside our door.  It is rather small but good for one.  Balcony next door, I guess you can open the balcony divider.  If your room is like the one we had, it is very big a d the balcony was huge.  You can all check in together.  There is a small hallway outside the JS and interior.  I liked the doorbell!!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, imadork said:

My main question: when it comes time to check in, can I check in all 3 rooms at once?

Welcome to CC.

Yes, you just need the three booking numbers.

If you care about C&A points, move the person with the most points to the interior cabin and confirm it's booked as solo.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

If you care about C&A points, move the person with the most points to the interior cabin and confirm it's booked as solo.

So, I seem to be the only one interested in the points, I am the only one who bothered to get all the points from out last cruises on RC. (Not that I have that much -- this Alaska cruise will be the longest we have taken so far)

But, I was under the impression that the junior suite room was double-points also. So, anyone in the Junior Suite room would get double points, as well as whoever is the solo traveler in that interior room. Since I am in the JS anyway, there doesn't seem to be any point to switching around.

1 hour ago, imadork said:

Since I am in the JS anyway, there doesn't seem to be any point to switching around.

You are right, missed that bit of detail.

Posted (edited)

We had the JS and solo cabin on the Anthem in March.  I really liked the arrangement.  DH and I were in the extra large balcony  JS--.8632  [we are D+]  Our adult DD was in the solo 8630. [first time cruise].  We kept the door to the hallway closed and propped open the JS door unless we were sleeping/ dressing.

Yes, we all checked in together and I was able to make reservations for our check in times, dining times and excursions.

Here is the JS

ourcabin.thumb.jpeg.da7fc4aa2361994e59fd570677fe0c70.jpeg

ourcabinbed.thumb.jpeg.4641b843eafbc5e1c3124687ee6ffe3b.jpeg

It was like having an apartment with a separate bedroom. The solo cabin is the door on the right. [below]  There is a door with a lock to the left. The cabin attendant would need to unlock this door for it to have access the interior little hall.  I was standing at our door looking toward the hall. 

image1.thumb.jpeg.b3ed3e9cbccfb9aa8965f032e16ce3c2.jpeg

The solo cabin is small--but she said it was all she needed. The JS has a very large balcony.  Ours had 2 loungers, a table and a chair.

image0.thumb.jpeg.4bc13987877681a34b7f7d658b2d58a8.jpeg

Because the balcony is on an angle it is very shady.  That was good for us, too.

I really liked this combination and would not hesitate to book this arrangement if we were traveling with family, again.

Solo cabin with virtual balcony:

solo.jpeg

virtual balcony.jpeg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Posted (edited)

Thanks, @DragonOfTheSeas, for the pictures! And it looks like that side door in the hallway would go to the adjacent balcony room.

Since the cabin attendant would have to unlock that door, it makes me wonder whether the attendant can also unlock the inner doors going to the other two rooms, basically turning that hallway into an extension of all 3 rooms. Then the only seapass-activated locks would be on the outer doors on the hallway, and each door would have access to all 3 rooms.

It's not a dealbreaker either way -- our kids are old enough that they can be in their own rooms with their own key if need be -- but we'll make sure to ask the attendant if this is possible. We already know we will ask to open up the divider on the balcony to combine the two balconies together.

Edited by imadork

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 10:58 PM, imadork said:

Thanks, @DragonOfTheSeas, for the pictures! And it looks like that side door in the hallway would go to the adjacent balcony room.

Since the cabin attendant would have to unlock that door, it makes me wonder whether the attendant can also unlock the inner doors going to the other two rooms, basically turning that hallway into an extension of all 3 rooms. Then the only seapass-activated locks would be on the outer doors on the hallway, and each door would have access to all 3 rooms.

Yes--it goes to the balcony cabin.  

We used the door stop the cabin attendant uses when cleaning a cabin.  DD used her footstool to prop hers open.  However, I am sure you could get another door stopper--we did not ask.  Since we are all adults we closed our doors for sleeping.  But, there is no reason you would need to.  The exterior door needs a sea pass to enter. I really liked the set up.  It was convenient. 

Have a good cruise!

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas