Haven lobsters

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Others think the Haven fare should include all alcohol.  

Others think the Haven fare should  include all gratuities.

Others think the Haven fare should include ...

Why don’t we just start with a tail or two? 🙂

24 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

Why don’t we just start with a tail or two? 🙂

Everyone has a few things they wish NCL would include in the Haven fare.  Everyone claims NCL could do so since the costs would be minimal.  Personally, I would rather have cookies than lobster.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Everyone has a few things they wish NCL would include in the Haven fare.  Everyone claims NCL could do so since the costs would be minimal.  Personally, I would rather have cookies than lobster.

This debate could continue indefinitely, but the bottom line is that we are often paying 3x’s the price of a standard balcony. The Haven was originally promoted as a ‘have it your way’ experience. I won’t go into all the things that were originally included that are no longer offered. However, at a minimum, we should have the option to substitute or supplement items on the menu (within reason). Yes, and that includes your cookies. It’s the little things that matter and add to the luxury experience. If not, why are we paying thousands of dollars more? 

52 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

This debate could continue indefinitely, but the bottom line is that we are often paying 3x’s the price of a standard balcony. The Haven was originally promoted as a ‘have it your way’ experience. I won’t go into all the things that were originally included that are no longer offered. However, at a minimum, we should have the option to substitute or supplement items on the menu (within reason). Yes, and that includes your cookies. It’s the little things that matter and add to the luxury experience. If not, why are we paying thousands of dollars more? 

No, the bottom line is every business has a limited number of responses to today's inflationary environment.  They can raise their price.  The can reduce costs. They can do both. They can accept lower profits.  

Frankly, if someone does not see the value in the Haven, it's probably not worth booking a Haven cabin.  Same goes for the Yacht Club on MSC, Retreat on Celebrity or Star Class on Royal.

All of them have their promoters and detractors.  One thing that's common to all, no matter how much is offered, some always want more.

I've personally have witnessed some crazy requests from Haven guests...

(I just deleted a lengthy list of those I witnessed...some egregious enough that the CC mods might not like them).

If the Haven service and "perks" are not enough, save your money.  Don't book the Haven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Frankly, if someone does not see the value in the Haven, it's probably not worth booking a Haven cabin.  Same goes for the Yacht Club on MSC, Retreat on Celebrity or Star Class on Royal.

All of them have their promoters and detractors.  One thing that's common to all, no matter how much is offered, some always want more.

(I just deleted a lengthy list of those I witnessed...some egregious enough that the CC mods might not like them).

If the Haven service and "perks" are not enough, save your money.  Don't book the Haven.

Lots of 'customer's always right, I want it my way'.

I get a kick out of the ' some autonomous poster on cruise critic said NCL should do this'.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Or, you can express your concern and effect change! So, for those who raised the alarm about the up charge on extra lobster tails…I thank you! 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Lots of 'customer's always right, I want it my way'.

I get a kick out of the ' some autonomous poster on cruise critic said NCL should do this'.

It’s called cruise critic for a reason. Cruisers have the right to disagree with other posters and express concerns. I find it sad that some spend way too much energy attacking anyone who raises an issue. And, why is the solution, love it or leave it? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

It’s called cruise critic for a reason. Cruisers have the right to disagree with other posters and express concerns. I find it sad that some spend way too much energy attacking anyone who raises an issue. And, why is the solution, love it or leave it? 

Because those are your two choices.  Nothing you say or do on cruise critic will result in changes.

Lobster is available in the Haven.  Someone said they charged extra for extra lobsters.  That proved to be untrue.  So, what is the argument?

Just curious, how many lobsters would it take to be satiated?  5? a dozen?  What's the number?

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Because those are your two choices.  Nothing you say or do on cruise critic will result in changes.

kindly read post #33.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

That proved to be untrue.

respectfully, it didn't prove to be untrue. the upcharge was printed on the menu!

regardless of how many photos of trays of cookies are placed in posts on cruise critic for all to see, it doesn't change the fundamental truth of widespread reports of cookie scarcity. those reports were true/are true, just as the reports of upcharges for additional lobster tails in the haven were true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Lobster is available in the Haven.  Someone said they charged extra for extra lobsters.  That proved to be untrue.  So, what is the argument?

Just curious, how many lobsters would it take to be satiated?  5? a dozen?  What's the number?

Sigh. The up charge was on the menu. It has since been removed.

Now, I’m finished with this. I have life to live and cruises to plan! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UKstages said:

respectfully, it didn't prove to be untrue. the upcharge was printed on the menu!

regardless of how many photos of trays of cookies are placed in posts on cruise critic for all to see, it doesn't change the fundamental truth of widespread reports of cookie scarcity. those reports were true/are true, just as the reports of upcharges for additional lobster tails in the haven were true.

No one was charged....

I posted pics of cookies everywhere.  I personally found them on my Prima sailing.

Point is, someone posts here, true or not, and it spreads like wildfire as fact.  

2 hours ago, jrt.mom said:

I don't know why, but every time I see this thread title I imagine lobsters cruising in the Haven rather than being eaten in the Haven...

I thought it was going be about 'chair hogs; in the haven.  Lord knows we cannot have HOGS in the naven ergo...

1 hour ago, roddy good boy said:

Clearly not the case. Many believe NCL monitors these boards.

Officers at every Cruise Critic Meet and Greet I've been to have claimed NCL monitors Cruise Critic. I tend to believe them.

Now, will NCL make a change because I, @cruiseny4life, whine and moan about not getting my duck fat potatoes (long gone from the menu) or hash browns?? I doubt it. But someone is aware. NCL would be idiotic not to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

There's a difference between a perceived scarcity of cookies, and "Cookies are no longer available on NCL per a crew member", which was the initial claim.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Does not show a linkage between posts here and the lobster change.

You know, it’s like you’re saying, “I’ve got my mind made up; please don’t confuse me with the facts.”🤣

But, I said I was moving on from this topic, and I need to stick with that.