LOEN SKY LIFT

We are going on the Iona on the 1st June and have left it too late to book the Leon Skylift excursion with P&O and also Olden Adventures, Has anyone been able to go on the sky lift without either of these, so disappointed I left it too late and its booked ?

We got our tickets from a guy stood just outside the ship, bus transfer was included.

You need a clear day for this trip or you won’t be able to see anything.

• Like 1

It's very easy. 

There is a portakabin opposite the ship, next to the pub. 

Walk in, buy tickets (£58 each last week) get on blue bus waiting outside, run every 15 minutes. 

So straightforward, even when P&O is sold out. 

Have a great time. 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Host Sharon changed the title to LOEN SKY LIFT
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dobbers said:

We got our tickets from a guy stood just outside the ship, bus transfer was included.

You need a clear day for this trip or you won’t be able to see anything.

This is true.  We couldn't see anything from the furnicular in Bergen, which was fine since our kids still loved the ride and the playground on top but if we had paid the prices of the Loen Skylift for this  it would have been really disappointing.  It is a really expensive excursion if you can't see much.  I just have no idea if it ever sells out completely.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's very easy. 

There is a portakabin opposite the ship, next to the pub. 

Walk in, buy tickets (£58 each last week) get on blue bus waiting outside, run every 15 minutes. 

So straightforward, even when P&O is sold out. 

Have a great time. 

Andy 

I think we will try this option,  and see what the weather is like ! Olden Cruise was blocked out for our day in port, so i expect an early start would be the best option the beat the crowds.

23 minutes ago, jual said:

I think we will try this option,  and see what the weather is like ! Olden Cruise was blocked out for our day in port, so i expect an early start would be the best option the beat the crowds.

Definitely early if the sky is clear. We were straight off, after breakfast of course, tickets bought and on first bus within 10 minutes. 

When we came down about lunchtime, the queue was huge. 

It's definitely worth the visit. 

Andy 

We were there last May.  Got off the ship, bought our ticket from Olden Adventures and were thrilled to be on the first lift up.  It was a gorgeous day BUT.....the Skylift is at quite an elevation and we rose into the clouds and saw NOTHING.  People who went in the afternoon said it was gorgeous.  Just be aware, being the early bird will help you avoid the lines/crowds but in the end it wasn't worth it for us.

• Like 1