How Much Flexibility on MTD?

On Anthem on Sunday.

I realise I’m asking some basic questions for a D+ but it’s been a while since our last cruise pre covid and so much seems to have changed.

We are MTD and when I finally realised we should book times ( def a contradiction in my view!), we could only get 19.45 . Now the planner has been published, this clashes with entertainment we would like to attend on a couple of occasions.

Can we just turn up early (or later)  and hopefully get a table, or, should we try and change prior to any clash.

Or, is there a walk up line for MTDers

Thanks

32 minutes ago, scottie99 said:

Yes, there's one of those. Go to the MDR after boarding and see if you can modify your existing bookings.

On our last cruise a few months ago we also had the 19:45 dining time. Every night we went to the line for those with reservations (which is what we were told to do when we asked) at our preferred time at the start of MTD and were seated, no problem. We did initially try to change our time but were told they couldn’t do that. 

5 hours ago, scottie99 said:

On Anthem on Sunday.

I realise I’m asking some basic questions for a D+ but it’s been a while since our last cruise pre covid and so much seems to have changed.

We are MTD and when I finally realised we should book times ( def a contradiction in my view!), we could only get 19.45 . Now the planner has been published, this clashes with entertainment we would like to attend on a couple of occasions.

Can we just turn up early (or later)  and hopefully get a table, or, should we try and change prior to any clash.

Thanks

on our last cruise we also had MTD. Apparently MTD doesn't start until after the people from first seating are finishing up. From years gone by we used to get MTD and eat in between 5:30pm and 6pm. If we book any RCL cruises going forward we will pick first seating.

Early dining says it starts at 5:30, but in our experience there’s been a sign out front of the dining room asking everyone to come at 5pm.  Reason has been, again in our experience, that if they didn’t show up by 5:30, the table has been given to a MTD guest. Last couple of cruises this has been the case in our experience.

But as others have said here, go to the podium in the MDR as soon as you board to see if they can modify your reservation. Enjoy your cruise!