LIVE Allure of the Seas 5/20-5/24

16 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

As we didn’t pre-pay out gratuities, and upon further review, it looks like the whole Thrill Waterpark was refunded, but it’s in weird increments. 

Unless I am misinterpreting , your letter also states "önboard credit in the value of half a day of your cruise fare paid"

Cheers

• Like 3

8 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

@MeganGC1983 What a trip! You must take a double dose of daily vitamins doing a Live review while keeping tabs on your family, and making sure they enjoyed the trip. It was a whirlwind, but so much fun. Thank you for doing this and safe travels home.

I have no idea how she keeps up that pace. I’d be collapsing on every lounger I passed.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, pbxtech said:

Safe travels home.  Hope all is good back home.There was quite the storm in your area last night.

Yeah I saw a large tornado touched down near Altus. It was about 45 minutes west of us. Crazy. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, maggieq said:

@MeganGC1983  did you book your hotel?  We have stayed at the renaissance twice and in September the andante hotel. 

Yes we are staying at the H10 Montcada by the cathedral in the Gothic Quarter… unless I find something better in the next 68 days. I wanted to stay at the Hotel Colon but it was a bit too pricey for me after I booked the airfare. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Unless I am misinterpreting , your letter also states "önboard credit in the value of half a day of your cruise fare paid"

Cheers

Yes, I shouldn’t drink and try to comprehend. I received our email statement and it made more sense. 

• Like 2

We were on this cruise also.  We went down at 8AM to go to Coco Cay, that is what it said in the app.  A bunch of us were down there, they kept saying a couple of more minutes, we were waiting to be cleared.  At one point the cruise director came down and said "we need to clear deck 3, they will not clear us with people on deck 3"  How do they know we are standing here.  An hour half wait we went to the pool.  At 11 they said we were cleared, but nobody got off until 12:30 I think.  

I was wondering why on Coco Cay we could serve ourselves food, but not in the Windjammer.  In the Windjammer I couldn't  get my own coffee but in the Promenade I could.

We ate in the Windjammer Thurs night since we stayed on Coco Cay longer, 3 hours after eating I got violently ill, so not sure what it was I ate, but was so sick.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, GJM said:

We were on this cruise also.  We went down at 8AM to go to Coco Cay, that is what it said in the app.  A bunch of us were down there, they kept saying a couple of more minutes, we were waiting to be cleared.  At one point the cruise director came down and said "we need to clear deck 3, they will not clear us with people on deck 3"  How do they know we are standing here.  An hour half wait we went to the pool.  At 11 they said we were cleared, but nobody got off until 12:30 I think.  

I was wondering why on Coco Cay we could serve ourselves food, but not in the Windjammer.  In the Windjammer I couldn't  get my own coffee but in the Promenade I could.

We ate in the Windjammer Thurs night since we stayed on Coco Cay longer, 3 hours after eating I got violently ill, so not sure what it was I ate, but was so sick.

Thank you for this. This is really what frustrated me. They said “a few minutes” several times. Once we were cleared, they said to give them a “few minutes” to put out the gangways. My middle child was in line for Flow Rider. She rode it. We went to the cabin and gathered everything together and went to go down. Then stuck in the stairwell for an hour and a half. “A few minutes” turned into 2 hours. It was a mess. 
I’m sorry you got sick. I don’t buy the pork taco poisoning. We talked to people that didn’t have the tacos that got sick. We had the pork tacos and didn’t get sick. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 9

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

Usually about 2.5. But today with holiday weekend traffic and a thunderstorm we drove through… it’s going to end up being over 3 hours. 

I wish we were that close to Love Field; Amarillo here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I wish we were that close to Love Field; Amarillo here.

That is a drive. I’ve been to Amarillo a few times in my life. My dad’s family lived in Pampa and I dated a guy who played baseball at Clarendon. That was a long drive from Norman.