Getaway CPAP extension cord?

I have a cruise coming up on the Getaway.  I am in a solo balcony cabin which I understand is like any other balcony cabin.  Reading / watching reviews, it seems that there are NO outlets next to the bed, but only across the room.  I'm trying to figure out how long of an extension cord I will need to bring?  Thanks!!

Posted (edited)

I've found a 12 foot extension is sufficient for a standard balcony cabin. Make sure nothing you bring has surge protection. The cheapo $4 ones at Home Depot or Walmart should do.

I had custom 20 foot cords made for our ResMed AirSense 10s from SF cable. They plug directly into the little power brick, but it's an overly complicated answer to a simple problem. 

There is one outlet next to the bed, according to Harr Travel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50qwgMe4AI

Edited by Ellis1138

Posted (edited)

Extension cords and irons are forbidden on cruise ships (fire hazard).  Ask your room steward to assist.  He may be able to supply an approved cord.

Edited by Felinis

5 minutes ago, Felinis said:

Extension cords and irons are forbidden on cruise ships (fire hazard).  Ask your room steward to assist.  He may be able to supply an approved cord.

Simple extension cords are NOT forbidden, only power strips with a surge protector. 

My mistake:

"Carnival, MSC, Norwegian and Virgin Voyages — permit guests to use power cords in their cabins. Cunard, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises do not."

1 hour ago, Ellis1138 said:

I've found a 12 foot extension is sufficient for a standard balcony cabin. Make sure nothing you bring has surge protection. The cheapo $4 ones at Home Depot or Walmart should do.

I had custom 20 foot cords made for our ResMed AirSense 10s from SF cable. They plug directly into the little power brick, but it's an overly complicated answer to a simple problem. 

There is one outlet next to the bed, according to Harr Travel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50qwgMe4AI

The youtube is the Prima, not the Getaway.  (I do have two cruises planned on the Prima but have outlet next to the bed for those cruises 🙂 )

3 hours ago, DorothyB said:

The youtube is the Prima, not the Getaway.  (I do have two cruises planned on the Prima but have outlet next to the bed for those cruises 🙂 )

My bad! And I went to look for Harr Travel room tours of the Getaway balcony but none came up right away. Just run a thin 12 foot extension across. The one I have even fits in the same pocket as the ResMed brick and power cables, and I got it the same color, so it matches all the CPAP equipment. Never had an issue with it.

I usually have 2-3 extensions one to get from the plug to the bed then under the bed for the other side and for the tv so I can have my changers and everything else plugged in.

8 hours ago, DorothyB said:

I have a cruise coming up on the Getaway.  I am in a solo balcony cabin which I understand is like any other balcony cabin.  Reading / watching reviews, it seems that there are NO outlets next to the bed, but only across the room.  I'm trying to figure out how long of an extension cord I will need to bring?  Thanks!!

I carry a 12’ and a 6’ cord. I am currently using both to get from the desk to the bed on a sister ship to the getaway. 

Since outlets in cabins are at a premium, here's a trick I use for my CPAP.  Check to see if your machine can take 110V-240V and if so, buy a pack of European adaptors and plug your extension cord into the adaptor, then into the European (220V) plug in your cabin.  That'll free up a standard 110V plug for other uses.